HELP!! AGLA or Insphere Insurance Solutions-New-What Do I Do???

newagentfl

I am a new agent in FL. I recently signed an agent contract with Insphere Insurance Solutions. I do not know much about the industry/products so I am very lost. My sales manager is not very supportive nor patient. I feel the company is great, they have a stock gift plan, pretty good leads and the opportunity to sell health(Humana, UnitedOne, Aetna, Cigna) and Life with ING. LTC with John Hancock (Pretty impressive carriers) but I just do not feel good there. So far I have not come accross anyone in the office is very good at helping new agents.

I recently went to talk to the people at AGLA and totally fell in love with the sales manager, the people who were in the office made me feel like if I was home. One of the agents who has been there for 1 year gave me her phone number, asked me for mines and spent a very long time talking to me and even called me that night to talk further. I am crazy about their Quality of Life Insurance product. They offer you a 17 week paid training program. The cons that I see is that they DO NOT provide leads, I would not be able to sell HEALTH, and that I would be a captive agent.(which I have been told that it's not good to do).

PLEASE HELP! I do not know what to do. I love the idea of being able to sell a variety of products but I feel that the AGLA office would be a better fit for me. I feel INSPHERE is more for VETERANS than ROOKIES!!

Re: HELP!! AGLA or Insphere Insurance Solutions-New-What Do I Do?

I worked with AGLa about 9 years ago and was very happy there. I had a very good paycheck each week.

If you are writing business there are lots of bonuses I feel they are a pretty fair company to work with.

They do not provide leads but I am sure they will provide you with as many orphan policy holders as you'd like and you can write plenty of biz off of them. Personally I'd take orphans over any other type of lead.

I am independent and have been for 7 or 8 years but you have to start somewhere and there are worse places then AGLA, they have a pretty competitve product lineup as far as captives go.

Keep in mind you are only as captive as you allow yourself to be.

Re: HELP!! AGLA or Insphere Insurance Solutions-New-What Do I Do?

First realize Insphere is the newest incarnation of Healthmarkets/Mega/Nase you might want to research a little on those names..At this point in your career you want a company to help you grow and learn this business. Your manager will be very important and also important is if you can do joint work with Veteran agents. Being captive has its downsides but realize with insphere you are captive to them and they will own all the clients you create which is the same as AGLA.

Back