I need some clarification from real independent agents - Help!

I know it's definitely limiting. I am contracted with 4 carriers individually, but I wish I'd jumped into an IMO straightaway if only for the structure and mentoring.

Agree.

I came out of construction. I started as a captive for a large mutual. My area was upper working class. However, I worked in two other agent's areas also, High Income Bay Area and The Gangland of Oakland. I was completely out of my depth. Having the structure and mentorship was everything.

This has been my experience 90% of the time. Someone will post ads or listings on insurance jobs sites or Indeed, etc, with their name or some fancy name they gave their company. It's not until you get into one or two conversations that you find out they're FFL or Symmetry or...any other IMO.
If you don't want an IMO/FMO/NMO experience, better to just contract with individual carriers.

But I'm kind of new myself, so I may not know anything.
Those are not what regular IMOs are like. Those operate like pyramids and attract multi-level marketer fans that never want to actually sell any insurance.

Those are not what regular IMOs are like. Those operate like pyramids and attract multi-level marketer fans that never want to actually sell any insurance.
Yeah, I get that, I really do. May just be me, but the vast majority of IMOs I reach out to online are FFL, SFG, etc. The IMOs that I've spoken to that seem more "legit" are feet on the ground places, with an office in many cases. So it just seems tougher to work virtually unless you want to just make someone far up the chain, who hasn't sold a policy in two years, richer.

Yeah, I get that, I really do. May just be me, but the vast majority of IMOs I reach out to online are FFL, SFG, etc. The IMOs that I've spoken to that seem more "legit" are feet on the ground places, with an office in many cases. So it just seems tougher to work virtually unless you want to just make someone far up the chain, who hasn't sold a policy in two years, richer.
If you are wanting to sell virtually and you haven’t seen Jeff Root/Digital BGA recommended over and over then you are hanging out in the wrong places.

You find FFL and Symetry over and over because they are pyramid style. They have thousands of pawns all over Facebook in fake it till they
Make it mode to try to get to the 2nd level. You don’t have to look for those guys. They find you.

If you are wanting to sell virtually and you haven’t seen Jeff Root/Digital BGA recommended over and over then you are hanging out in the wrong places.

You find FFL and Symetry over and over because they are pyramid style. They have thousands of pawns all over Facebook in fake it till they
Make it mode to try to get to the 2nd level. You don’t have to look for those guys. They find you.
That's the problem, I'm not hanging out anywhere. But thanks for the tips.

Back