Help for a very new agent

Melissa Steele

Ok, so I'm probably overthinking this, but I have to ask.

I got my license and decided to specialize in FE. I even decided on an IMO and got approved for two carriers so far. I don't have the funds to start buying leads, but I know how to market (due to my experience in real estate). I even have a few people that I know who could possibly use insurance.

Still, I am stuck in place.

I'm one of those people who like to know everything i possibly can before jumping in. I've searched online for training and on my imo site, but it seems like the only training is for prospecting and presentations. What has me stuck in place is the actual application process and determining what carrier to submit the application to. Right now I have two carriers, but I have about 5-6 more pending.

Let's say I get past the whole presentation of why they need FE and they are ready to get started, how do I determine what carrier to submit the app to? I know this may be basic info for an agent, but I feel like so much training is focused on buying leads and getting in the door. There's not so much for new agents after that.

Sorry in advance if this should be basic info, but I want to be prepared and not fumbling around to figure out in front of a prospect.

I got my license and decided to specialize in FE. I even decided on an IMO and got approved for two carriers so far. I don't have the funds to start buying leads, but I know how to market (due to my experience in real estate). I even have a few people that I know who could possibly use insurance.

I'm one of those people who like to know everything i possibly can before jumping in. I've searched online for training and on my imo site, but it seems like the only training is for prospecting and presentations. What has me stuck in place is the actual application process and determining what carrier to submit the application to. Right now I have two carriers, but I have about 5-6 more pending.

Let's say I get past the whole presentation of why they need FE and they are ready to get started, how do I determine what carrier to submit the app to? I know this may be basic info for an agent, but I feel like so much training is focused on buying leads and getting in the door. There's not so much for new agents after that.

Sorry in advance if this should be basic info, but I want to be prepared and not fumbling around to figure out in front of a prospect.
Contact Todd King on the Forum. :yes:

At first, you really need just one go-to carrier. The others are backups, for different health niches. Your go-to should be the one that will cover most of your prospects at either preferred or standard. Get that carrier down pat, and put everybody you can with them. Your upline probably has a go-to that he likes, so go with that one until you know more through experience.

That is where your recruiter/upline/manager comes into the picture. He or she is supposed to earn their keep. They aren't supposed to be at home watching Jerry Springer while you go off blindly into the unknown. Get his or her ass to help you or switch IMO with a better manager/upline.

Back