HELP!! United Health One Plan 100 ... or Something Else??

But would your client not like to have their rates GUARANTEED for a year?
Is that really your selling point to your clients? Sure Blue Cross raises their rates across the board in June, Cigna on the other hand raises rates to reflect age along with the rate increase in the 13th month. So unless you only write policies on the clients birthday the rates don't have a 12 month guarantee either.

So is it the fact that Blue Cross has strict underwriting guidelines or maybe the fact they pay lower commissions that keeps you from offering them?

Last edited:
Actually my contract with Cigna and BCBS is the same. Maybe you need to get a better contract with BCBS?

Let me get back to writing my 7th application of the day, but keep up the good work!!

Jalapeno, I'm not sure why none of these folks are answering your question but the Plan 100 you see is the same thing. United HealthOne (also called Golden Rule) has a Plan 100 and an HSA 100. They are different.

But the reason your rate is higher is that you have been on the plan for a year (or maybe more) and your rate has gone up. Many people try to change insurance carriers at the end of their 12 months to get a lower rate with a different carrier. If you would like to look at rates from several carriers at the same time without getting calls from lots of agents please let me know.

Thanks,
-Ben

Actually my contract with Cigna and BCBS is the same. Maybe you need to get a better contract with BCBS?

Let me get back to writing my 7th application of the day, but keep up the good work!!

I never said what contract or if I'm an MGA or an MAA but kudos to you for assuming. Oh and I just finished my 20th application.....see how easy it is to brag/lie on the internet:cool:

Now that we have finished our e-battle I would like to say I appreciate your opinions and thankful for your insight!

</IMG>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jalapeno, I'm not sure why none of these folks are answering your question but the Plan 100 you see is the same thing. United HealthOne (also called Golden Rule) has a Plan 100 and an HSA 100. They are different.

But the reason your rate is higher is that you have been on the plan for a year (or maybe more) and your rate has gone up. Many people try to change insurance carriers at the end of their 12 months to get a lower rate with a different carrier. If you would like to look at rates from several carriers at the same time without getting calls from lots of agents please let me know.

Thanks,
-Ben
I actually posted rates from Cigna, UHO and Blue Cross with BCBS being the lowest rate!

Last edited:
Congrats on your 20th application of the year!! As I wrote my 37th app of the month keep up with the great wrok in Lakerland FLorida...maybe one day when I visit my mom I will drop by say HI..

Back