Hi all, I'm Ron Holcomb, an IT guy from Las Vegas who's sick and tired of fixing computers!

What the title says, really. I've been working in IT in various ways, shapes, and forms since 2007 and I'm just done with it. It's not rewarding, and honestly, my pay has been stagnant for the last few years AND the shop I work with now is likely shutting down by the end of the year.

I figure now is the time to look at changing my career, since I put in the hours now and it just doesn't sing to me. I like to think I have excellent soft skills, I have a lot of folks who appreciate that I'm a tech who can break things down into concepts that they understand, and are shocked that I have IT knowledge and the ability to look them in the eye in talk.

I've been doing some digging, and knowing the demographics in and around the Las Vegas area, I imagine that getting into FE would probably be the way to go. We've got us a lot of old folks! Unless, of course, someone who's been at this for a while has advice that I'd be glad to listen to. From what I've been reading, I've been getting the feeling that IMOs are good/bad/indifferent all depending on who you sign on with and what sort of mentor you end up with?

If anyone in the area, or anyone knows someone in the area who would be good to talk to, I'll buy the coffee!

I moved to Henderson about 2 years ago and would love to speak with you. I could use some free advice about my computers and I would be happy to give you the same. And free is worth every penny.

Please contact me.

Rick

Back