Hola from Texas

georgetx

Hi, I'm a Texas health and life agent trying to get off the ground. It has been a bit slow for me, but I guess it's my fault. Or did anyone else feel some election pains? I'm also working from home and if curious about what you guys think about getting an office... important or not?
Thanks

Hi, I'm a Texas health and life agent trying to get off the ground. It has been a bit slow for me, but I guess it's my fault. Or did anyone else feel some election pains? I'm also working from home and if curious about what you guys think about getting an office... important or not?
Thanks

Most LH agents do not bother with an office, it is so much easier to download a desktop sharing app and work from home. (Much cheaper as well).
Even if you prefer face to face presentations, nearly all of them will prefer you to come to them. Also 99% will choose the desktop sharing over seeing an agent.

I'm about to get started in South Texas. For P & C, an office would be best? or not?

I hope to add Life & Health later but I'm starting with P & C.

Thanks

Hola, welcome to the forum.

TX here too. P&C really needs to have an office. People like putting a face to a name, so to speak. L&H not really needed. As long as you have capabilities for electronic everything, you should be good to go. Good Luck - Texas markets are not easy right now, but then it wouldn't be insurance would it. ;)

So many nice replies, thank you! Tried to PM Jenkins, but it wouldn't let me since I'm still new to the forums. I'm in Round Rock, how about you?

Thank you Expat, like the screen sharing advice. Is that an option you offer.. the screen share vs visit? How often is the screen share really necessary?

Yes buttercup, hearya! I work for another company right now (contract) and am hoping to get this going in the right direction when the job ends. My first go round, I was not diligent and disciplined enough, which I feel is at least half the battle.

Sorry about the multiple replies.

Hopefully not opening up an old rehashed debate here... but I've wondered if it really matters starting life and health or property casualty. I feel like after all the effort just to get where I am... at the starting line with life and health.. that thinking about property/ casualty is a bit much...

Hola Texan! I have a non resident license in tx and looking for texas agents who want to work online. I vote NO OFFICE. I'm doing 90 percent online, mostly life. Feeing the pinch on health sales, people just basically confused. Call me if you want to talk. I have wonderful virtual office with real people to do all the paperwork! Donna

"Hola Texan! I have a non resident license in tx and looking for texas agents who want to work online."
Welcome to the Forum all you Texans and non-resident TX agent!
Donna, I realize this is an introduction thread, but offers like yours need to go in a special section they have here called "Insurance Offers".

George: How did you get in here? I thought STI blocked all the other Texan Life and Health agents.

In the life and health field, there are lots of agents that make a very good living working from their homes.

Back