HometownQuotes Leads

I bought probably 100 leads or so from HQ about 4 years ago, and never used them again. I don't think I made one sale from them, and out of the hundred only got a few legitimate leads. When I hear about the quality of leads from lead companies, it makes me think about selling some of my own. Since my quality is great, I could probably sell mine for 50 bucks a pop.

Leads are tough to sell.

You can sell leads for a buck all day long and make money if you do enough volume. Much above $15 and your market dries up.

Never paid $50 but I did try some $30 leads a few years ago and they were no better than $8 leads I had been buying at the same time.

Haven't bought leads in years but if I bought from anyone again it would be HTQ.

Leads are tough to sell.

You can sell leads for a buck all day long and make money if you do enough volume. Much above $15 and your market dries up.

Never paid $50 but I did try some $30 leads a few years ago and they were no better than $8 leads I had been buying at the same time.

Haven't bought leads in years but if I bought from anyone again it would be HTQ.
I've sold leads over $50 a pop and they're exponentially easier to sell than SEO. We're not talking about insurance though.

I'd put a $50 finance lead in the same pricing as a $30 insurance leads.

Your $30 leads are probably worth it but not the ones I bought. Also bought some "Monty" leads for $18 with similar results.

Leads that never answer the phone are not worth any price. Based on my experience, if you get to talk to 30% of the leads you have done well. Throw out the ones with no money or one foot in the grave and you might have 1 in 10 that are true leads.

That makes a $30 lead closer to $300. If you don't sell all 10 you are probably going to be in the hole real quick.

Your $30 leads are probably worth it but not the ones I bought. Also bought some "Monty" leads for $18 with similar results.

Leads that never answer the phone are not worth any price. Based on my experience, if you get to talk to 30% of the leads you have done well. Throw out the ones with no money or one foot in the grave and you might have 1 in 10 that are true leads.

That makes a $30 lead closer to $300. If you don't sell all 10 you are probably going to be in the hole real quick.

Agreed. It depends on the products as well. $30 LTC or annuity leads that are legitimate seems reasonable. If they're life they better be good, medigap... DAMN GOOD.

Sometimes agents need better expectations, sometimes lead vendors need to set reasonable expectations.

iiivvioi,
If there is one thing I know about Hunter: he does return calls. Guy practically lives on his phone:)
So I'm not sure at the moment what the issue is but I copied your response & sent to him via email right now. He's not available or I'd call him & find out. If you'll email me your phone number I'd like to check our call logs & see what happened to your messages as our system logs all incoming/outgoing calls & messages.

Like emails, sometimes messages get lost but I promise you we do return calls & emails. I can't look up your account as I don't know who you are, but if you'll email or call me I would love to look into your account & work with you. Looks like if we refunded you 78% of your money that something was going on with your leads & I'd love to look into what.

As you learned, we do Not have a Cap on credits but if we credited 78% of your leads there must be an issue & I'd like to talk to our QC department to find out what it was & I'll report back here what I find out. That was a complete waste of your time/money as well as ours. Again, that is not the normal experience of our agents. If it was, we would just turn out the lights & become an affiliate to the Big Dogs in this space. Truly, the only way we get better at what we do is to interact with our agents & I/we love doing that.

Please give me a call @ 1.800.820.2981 ext 113.

Two more thoughts:
1) What do you consider "oversold" for a lead?
2) SEO: Wow, if you get good at that you might want to quit your day job and give me a call! Good SEO folks earn over $100k a year! There is definitely an art to it & the rules are always evolving.

To all following this thread I must state that Bob does answer his calls, listens and acts. Hometowns people are great and I believe do really care.

Thank you Bob for your concern and actions. Actions really do speak louder then words.

Thank you "iiivvioi"

But I'll feel a lot better when we see how these leads work for you. You've got a lot of good ideas on how to work leads so I'm sure you will be successful.
Like I've said before, there a 1000's of ways to do insurance, no need to re-invent the wheel. But, one must find the system that works for them, perfect it & keep working it.

I'm looking forward to your success. Make sure to stay in touch.

After enduring 4 months of inept service and slick talk I am done with Hometown quotes. Bob seems like a great guy but I cannot do business with a company that doesn't take their customers concerns seriously. It is appalling how they refuse to hire customer service reps to handle their client base. As i have stated before, their leads aren't the best but i don't expect much from most lead companies as they are all about the same quality wise but, credit policy is liberal but they treat their customers like the 16 yr old McDonalds cashier thats on her cell phone and couldn't be bothered.

I'll probably check them out in a year or so to see if they got their act together and started giving a damn about their customers. I actually think Bob gets it, wish him the best.

Back