How Are They Able to Find Out.

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Regarding the new high risk pools where people have to be without coverage for 6 months. How are they able to find out if you had or not had coverage.

I have a client who is on a temp plan that's why I am wondering

The below excerpt is taken from this site's FAQ section:
Health Insurance Program - NJ Protect

"I did not have health coverage in the past 6 months. How do I go about proving I did not have something?
line_ins.gif
The enrollment form asks a series of questions geared toward whether you had creditable coverage within the past 6 months. Answer the questions.
In addition, New Jersey is planning to contract with a company that has a massive database with information concerning health coverage. Using that database, insurance companies will be able to verify whether or not you have had creditable coverage within the past 6 months. "

Anyone have an idea what company has this MASSIVE DATABASE? I suppose if your name doesn't come up on this database, then you're in the clear and can't be denied or rescinded by the state/fed government once you're on this new PCIP plan. It doesn't cost anything to apply, but your name could be put on some "give-em-hell" list for lying to Uncle Sam?

Last edited:
MIB does not report if you are currently insured, only if you have applied for insurance and been denied or rated. They also have a very limited medical history based on claims filed with carriers.

Rx databases have a list of meds you have filled over the last 4 years if you also filed a claim for the meds.

Given the number of fraudulent claims filed under Medicare and Medicaid, and the fact it takes the govt YEARS to uncover fraud and only then when it runs in the millions or dollars, what are the chances they will be more judicious on this 3 yr program vs one that has been running for over 40 years?

Not saying someone should lie on their PCIP application, but I don't think this is a priority.

Heck they are still trying to find folks that filed fraudulent Katrina claims and got pre-loaded ATM cards courtesy of Uncle Same.

FedEx can tell you exactly where your package is at any given moment, but the feds can't locate and identify 18 million illegal aliens.

What is wrong with this picture?

Back