How Do I Get a Non-Resident LLC Insurance License in California?

xb29bomber

Hello. I recently moved from California to Nevada, and I changed my CA resident insurance license to a non-resident license. On the advice of my accountant, I recently incorporated in Nevada and have a new NV business license and EIN. I write primarily Medigap insurance in CA. The CA Dept of Insurance told me that I need to get a new CA business license (in addition to my NV business license), a DBA with my corporate name for CA, and I'll have to get a second CA insurance license for my corporation. I'm totally confused. Has anyone else done this before? Thanks!

Hello. I recently moved from California to Nevada, and I changed my CA resident insurance license to a non-resident license. On the advice of my accountant, I recently incorporated in Nevada and have a new NV business license and EIN. I write primarily Medigap insurance in CA. The CA Dept of Insurance told me that I need to get a new CA business license (in addition to my NV business license), a DBA with my corporate name for CA, and I'll have to get a second CA insurance license for my corporation. I'm totally confused. Has anyone else done this before? Thanks!
If you want to have your entity paid, it needs to have a license.

You'll be the sub licensee (need your individual license first)

You'll need to do the same thing in NV (first) and every state where you hold a license.

The CA DOI website has an entire list of their DBA requirements so check that out first before selecting a name.

Thanks for your feedback and information! I spoke with someone else at the CA Dept of Insurance, and I think I got everything resolved. Was originally told I need a CA business license, but that was incorrect since I'm a non-resident.

Back