How Do I Write a Deaf Person?

peteybear

Guru
100+ Post Club
Have a deaf person age 55 I want to write $250k on that needs a paramed. Never wrote a deaf person. What do I need to do to write that?

Have a deaf person age 55 I want to write $250k on that needs a paramed. Never wrote a deaf person. What do I need to do to write that?

Like this - a Deaf Person? :D

Sorry.

If by phone use tty. If F2F maybe use an interpreter. Ask the underwriters of course. They may have you have the applicant fill the app out. Finding an examiner that knows American Sign language may be the issue.

I have done a couple fe deals through UH years ago. I pointed at the question and they answered.

Working on one now that I just plan on letting Pinney work out .
A non med company may be an option.

As long as they can read, you should be fine.
I had a non-med deaf client, and have done other presentations with deaf prospects as well. Fortunately I can type very fast and just type what I'm saying as I speak, so they can understand everything completely. It's a tougher deal with paramed involved, but definitely workable with patience. As others have said, depends on the carrier as to how you should proceed. For my nonmed policy, they just wanted me to include details on the comments as to the client's condition and how we communicated.

What's funny is the question of how to write the app.... How did you communicate with the prospect to determine the need/want of the policy in the first place.... Just keep doing that.

Insurability is probably not the challenge; meeting underwriting requirements may be. You will need to arrange for assistance in completing the app; getting examined,; and completing the phone inspection report. Third-party assistance for all these can all be arranged in advance with the carrier.

Back