How do you present and sell online?

wilkin

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok you have a prospect at his computer and you are at your's (maybe or maybe not in your underwear). You have him join your conference using Vyiew or similar conferencing tool.

At this point, do you open up the company brochure for the plan you are gong to present, and a proposal you have prepared, and review them together like you would do if you were in person?

Or do you do something different? What works for you and what doesn't?

I do a live desktop share since I want to control the presentation. I use zoho.com - send them an email link to the meeting and when they sign in they're viewing my desktop.

Then I run rates and show them plans online. I like to show side-by-side comparisons - so if I'm showing GR I'll click on their Copay Select and HSA then click "compare."

This way they can see the rates side by side. When they choose I log into my broker assisted app and they watch as I fill out the application.

It's cool because it really holds their interest. Instead of them being bored to death as I ask 165 Golden Rule health questions they can at least see the questions.

I use Quotit. Send them a link to click. No software for them to download. Just click and they see what I see.

I walk them through step by step, telling them where to click, what to look for.

My entire presentation is done over the phone & online.

Depending on how many questions they have, the presentation takes about 20 minutes.

In the end they have everything they need, and the ability to go back and look at other plans or options in the interim. They can search docs, view plans side by side and download an application.

Am I in my underwear? Right now I just got out of the shower so I am sitting in my robe.

Not that it is any of your business . . .

My clients are not required to be dressed either.

I use AQ Conference, a GREAT tool for only $20 per month. Very easy to use. There's a complete psychology to selling online. Your webpage becomes your pitch book, and I think it's very important that you have a picture of yourself on it to show people that you're a real guy. Then just take them shopping, I use the Norvax quoting tool for comparisons that happen in seconds. Between Norvax and AQ Conference, you can't go wrong.

Selling online is a wonderful thing - I can't imagine running around for every appointment. As it stands now I only see about 20% of my clients however lately that's going down to about 10%.

Although I teach new agents to be flexible - sell online and meet with clients the truth is most people don't want you to come over. They have flashbacks from when the last pushy agent came over.

People don't like to be sold but love to buy. Showing them plans and rates online turns them into buyers. There's no uncomfortable "close" at the end of the presentation.

There's a lot of legitimacy when they go to your site and see several carriers - turns it into a shopping experience. When you sit down with them and only show them one carrier it's a sales presentation.

That all being said I still have to be flexible. I got a referral last month - 61 year old lady - has a computer but basically knows how to turn it on - nothing past that. Lives 15 minutes from me. I'm not gonna sit down with her and lose the sale? Hardly.

Here in PA one of our leading carriers still uses paper brochures, rates and applications. They are all available in pdf. Do you think it would work to review all the pdfs via conference, then when they are ready to apply say, "ok mr. prospect, I need you to print out the application, sign it and mail it to me"?

Sam, do you present to groups this way? Seems like small business owners with just a few employees, might really accept online presentations since they are often extremely busy.

Absolutely. Group is all I do, and this is a very important tool for me.

Back