How important are Acord forms?

Jan 27, 2019

1. NCAgent828

NCAgent828 Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
    There are a few MGAs that offer the option to use their rater. PM me if you want more info.

2. William C

William C New Member

State:
    Florida
    The agents you know that specialize in community associations. How do they get around "market blocking" when quoting ? Ask the president of the board to sign a BOR ? That has been my primary problem when going after gulf coast high rise condos. You wouldn't happen to be willing to help a fellow agent out would you ? If possible, do you know of any brokers and/or carriers that specialize in high TIV, high wind risk properties that you could point over to ? Maybe we can work out some type of deal ? Message me if you are interested

3. Tom_Insurance_Guy

Tom_Insurance_Guy Expert

State:
    Ohio
  4. marindependent

marindependent Guru

ACORD forms may not be used much by captive insurance agencies/insurers but if you are a broker or independent agent - they do get used.
    When you get into the non standard insurance world, such as non admitted, they are frequently used ALL the time.
    Acords are a great tool that allows you to submit the submission to multiple sources. So if you are independent I would learn about them and learn about them well.

Lastly, Adobe Standard at $12.99 per month combined with the ability to export adobe Acords from a rater will save you a TON of time.

5. Markthebroker

Markthebroker Guru

State:
    California
    Focus on learning the bizz. You will have plenty to learn. Worry about Acords later when you need to for commercial. You'll need it then, but skip it for now while you have plenty else on your plate.