How is the $2000 MOOP calculated?

I went to an Aetna rollout and Humana rollout this week and neither could clarify this. I thought it was the member’s out of pocket otherwise, but neither carrier confirmed this. Aetna said that amount includes payment from other sources such as the plan, drug company discount.
What is correct?

I went to an Aetna rollout and Humana rollout this week and neither could clarify this. I thought it was the member’s out of pocket otherwise, but neither carrier confirmed this. Aetna said that amount includes payment from other sources such as the plan, drug company discount.
What is correct?

I was under the impression the $2k was member responsibility hence everyone talking about $160 a month

Incorrect . There’s other reimbursements from the carriers and drug company rebates going toward the $2k. I’ve read 4 times the avg person will spend $1200 to get to the $2k moop. I don’t believe there’s an accuarate wa for an agent to fig this out

Incorrect . There’s other reimbursements from the carriers and drug company rebates going toward the $2k. I’ve read 4 times the avg person will spend $1200 to get to the $2k moop. I don’t believe there’s an accuarate wa for an agent to fig this out

just saw some demo's on this today.If the tier 3 is a fixed copayment like on UHC plans there is many scenarios where they will only pay about 600.00 to hit the max

just saw some demo's on this today.If the tier 3 is a fixed copayment like on UHC plans there is many scenarios where they will only pay about 600.00 to hit the max
You said the key words “ many scenarios “ . There’s no way to manually fig out .I’ve read were a fixed cost copay like $47 . If the % like 25% is let’s say $150 . You get the credit from the higher $150 vs your $47 or $103 toward you moop . I think it’s Critical to sell mapd’s and pdp’s with fixed tier 3-5 copays . I’m not going to go down rabbit holes to try to explain this . Im tell all “ if you have expensive drugs you’ll have to to a $495 deductible . But once you hit that most drugs will be about the same cost as before . But the good news is you can never pay more than $2k in a yr and a great % of people pay less than that . So all those expensive drugs you have you can never pay more than $2k total . If you go to the pharmacy and they want $400 let’s say for a drug . You can call the company and set a payment plan up .

Back