How many appointments do you set a week?

All of my companies require a face to face meeting

I don't know any (reputable) health carriers that require face to face. Life carriers are slow to get on the e-app wagon but every life app I wrote in the last 3 yrs was phone, email, fax & USPS. I never met a one of them.

Which carriers are you using?

Well, I don't sell much health, but I'm currently with Life Investors, Genworth & United American, trying to get lined up with Fidelity Life, ING Reliastar, and possibly Old Mutual and Lincoln Financial.

Dave.

I have been appointed with all of those except ING & Lincoln. Only UA (which I never used) required face to face.

Most of my life business now goes to Genworth. I have never seen any of my clients.

I still think you need to talk with Ned (Marlin) about how he did it.

Well, to tell you the truth, I was just going on something that my IMO rep told me. I don't have a Genworth Agent Manual (have been appointed for 3 months now), the IMO people keep telling me to go to the Agent Website, which keeps telling me that my logon is invalid, and when I call the IMO they say to call Genworth, and I have waited forever to try to talk to a person at Genworth, and it has not worked out yet. So, I was just going on second hand info, and I'll try to get an Agent Manual this week to find out what I can and can't do, but I'll take your word on the in person thing. 2 quick questions: 1. How do you get the signatures if you sell by the phone? 2. Who is Ned Marlin?

Thanks, Dave.

Well, to tell you the truth, I was just going on something that my IMO rep told me. I don't have a Genworth Agent Manual (have been appointed for 3 months now), the IMO people keep telling me to go to the Agent Website, which keeps telling me that my logon is invalid, and when I call the IMO they say to call Genworth, and I have waited forever to try to talk to a person at Genworth, and it has not worked out yet. So, I was just going on second hand info, and I'll try to get an Agent Manual this week to find out what I can and can't do, but I'll take your word on the in person thing. 2 quick questions: 1. How do you get the signatures if you sell by the phone? 2. Who is Ned Marlin?

Thanks, Dave.

I really think anyone new to the business should stay with face to face if they actually want to make a living, at least a decent one at least in the life side of the business. It would seem to me, what you need to do is create more appointments.

But, it you are doing 8-12 appointments per week, with at least a 1 out of 5 closing ratio, you sound like you are doing okay, at least compared to me (2-4 appointments per week, 1 out of 8 closing ratio, but I'm working on it).

Your closing ratio sounds okay, but you need more appointments. Do not know what prospecting you are doing, but now the telephone would be a great tool!

I don't know any (reputable) health carriers that require face to face. Life carriers are slow to get on the e-app wagon but every life app I wrote in the last 3 yrs was phone, email, fax & USPS. I never met a one of them.

Which carriers are you using?

One of the carriers I work with asks on the application whether or not the agent saw the applicant at the time of the sale. This implies that face-to-face is necessary. However all of my apps say "agent assisted client complete application over the phone". I've written a couple hundred apps with this carrier. No one from the company has ever questioned this.

One of the carriers I work with asks on the application whether or not the agent saw the applicant at the time of the sale. This implies that face-to-face is necessary. However all of my apps say "agent assisted client complete application over the phone". I've written a couple hundred apps with this carrier. No one from the company has ever questioned this.

Even the carriers that use a paper app only have never refused my business because I did not see the applicant.

Starting out face to face is easier, if you want a better closing ratio. But I doubt the phone mills hire only experienced agents. Hire someone, give them a script and steady flow of prospects. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

Phone work requires an adequate budget to generate leads and float your monthly nut. Otherwise, find ways to generate leads and closing interviews F2F.

Back