How many of your clients MAPD plans are being dropped?

Humana hurting me pretty bad in a few counties. I'm also losing a small regional carrier in Texas altogether. So I'm looking at over 100 clients that are forced to change and no crosswalk option, that's not counting plans reducing benefits to the point of having to review plan options with them.

Going to be by far the most retention work I've ever had to do during AEP. Guess I'll just have to squeeze new business in between those current client appointments I've never had to spend much time on in the past.

I've sent everyone a text, postcard, and email with a link to schedule an appointment with me, and folks have been booking like crazy already.

For the agents here that have large MAPD books, how many of your clients are you having to find new coverage for this AEP because their plan will not be available in 2025. Personally the majority of my book is Medigap + PDP but what I do have in MAPD I am having to find new coverage for 40% of my Humana and about 15% of Aetna. I don't think Humana or Aetna are cross walking these to other plans....is this correct?

If these percentages are any indication of others I can't imagine someone that has 500+ with Humana if they had to replace 40% of theirs.

Just curious as what others are seeing?
4 that are losing Aetna plans, until we see drug plan Formularies not sure , also have a plan switching dental network from delta premiere to ppo and very few dentists take the ppo

50 ish total being axed between Humana and Aetna . But i have to potentially move 250 plus total Humana as the products collapsed . When you go from a $75 food card to zero and on dental $3k to $1k thats a collapse . All the guys on this bard are rock stars and are never affected by anything . What about there large united books that took dental to zero and they came out with a competing product in almost every mkt that has dental . I guess that doesn’t affect them . I know agencys that have to move 1500 Aetna

Uhc didn’t take dental to zero in FL. My PPO clients had 5 options in 2024.
Uhc, Fl blue, humana, Aetna, and Cigna.

Cigna is gone.
UHC went from $1k to just preventive so call it $300 in dental now.
Humana dental stayed the same.
Aetna roughly the same. But in orlando I have to move them all.
Fl blue ppo dental got slightly worse but their plan bombed.

Guess where my clients will be for their PPO? Uhc and Humana. Guess we’re most of my clients already are?
How does that make me a rockstar? It makes me lucky on the plan they happen to have.

Uhc didn’t take dental to zero in FL. My PPO clients had 5 options in 2024.
Uhc, Fl blue, humana, Aetna, and Cigna.

Cigna is gone.
UHC went from $1k to just preventive so call it $300 in dental now.
Humana dental stayed the same.
Aetna roughly the same. But in orlando I have to move them all.
Fl blue ppo dental got slightly worse but their plan bombed.

Guess where my clients will be for their PPO? Uhc and Humana. Guess we’re most of my clients already are?
How does that make me a rockstar? It makes me lucky on the plan they happen to have.
I thought I was safe with almost all of my PPO clients spread between Humana and UHC............then Humana throws a curveball completely pulling their only competitive PPO in several of my counties......not sure what I can trust in the Medicare niche anymore :/

Hoping Q1 Medicare has 2025 info soon. You can easily check what plans are being moved or eliminated. You would think Humana would already tell us.
Caveat, not an agent.

I think Q1 draws their info from CMS so I wouldn't expect to see anything at Q1 until CMS publishes something -- maybe their landscape file soon? (or maybe not until after Oct 1)

I thought I was safe with almost all of my PPO clients spread between Humana and UHC............then Humana throws a curveball completely pulling their only competitive PPO in several of my counties......not sure what I can trust in the Medicare niche anymore :/

You can’t trust any of them to not completely change the plans around. I had to change 75 Aetna plans last year. Maybe a hundred or so the year before with humana and uhc the year before.

I have just over 500 MAPD ppl. 8 are losing their plan, all Humana in a couple of rural counties. All in all not bad. Not a lot of benefits being cut in the counties I work in TN either. UHC marginally worse, Humana marginally worse ,BCBST PPO is def. better overall for 2025. All are cutting the OTC but that's not a big deal imo. But I don't deal with Duals so may be different there

If you don't have a team of licensed people to do this for you you're going to spend several hours switching these clients with all of the new disclosures you have to read over the phone or by driving to their homes in traffic. I don't have that many but just the sheer percentage of them that have dropped their plan, or have been switched out, both intentionally and unintentionally, is souring me on Medicare health plans all together. Imagine trying to expand your client base during AEP but being pulled back by all the changes and having to switch people that have been dropped, switched or resold from a lying, uncaring and unregulated call center overseas? Sometimes it seems that all we're doing is setting clients up for them. Going forward, I'm mostly doing personal life clients and direct referrals.

Back