How the Market Can Cure the Health Care Crisis W/Dr. Keith Smith!

Don't have time now. Perhaps later today or this evening.

Often I can get an idea of what the video is about by reading comments. Easy to see who is informed, who isn't.

Anytime I see the word "profit" listed as a reason why health care and health insurance are high cost items I know that person has no clue what they are talking about.

When they attempt to compare the health care system in the US to other countries I know they fell off the turnip truck yesterday.

Let me get back to you on this.

Those comments are far and away unrelated to the video itself.

I usually find the most asinine replies/"discussions" in youtube comments, and they can for the most part be disregarded.

OK, med mal is a very small part of the cost of health care and health insurance.

"Transparency" is a nice concept, but really doesn't work beyond routine care.

What a hospital (or any other provider) charges is a straw man argument. Only thing that matters is what they collect.

This guy has no clue about repricing. The example he uses where the carrier "collects" 35% of the discount is rarely used.

This guy's cash model makes a lot of sense for many areas of health care.

Unusual that they don't take Medicare or Medicaid. I wonder how he manages to circumvent the system and effectively charge a higher rate than Medicare would approve.

Don't get me wrong, this guy has some good ideas but I don't see this as replacing the current system since it caters only to those with the ability to pay. That is a very small percentage of the population.

Did this guy every live at Ruby Ridge?

Back