How to Find Part A and B Effective Dates..

That's what I was thinking. Might be easier just to go on Medicare.Gov and guesstimate the month. He thinks it was either 2001 or 2002. If the month is wrong for say 2001, go to the next month. Start with January and work through the months of the year. The hold times with calling Medicare are long this time of year. I tried calling earlier and was told a significant wait time.

I did this with a client. He told me he thought it was the summer of 2010. I started there for a few months and finished the year. Then started 2011 and it was that summer. It was actually pretty quick to do it.

You know, I called Medicare with a client in a similar situation and they refused to give the part A/B dates to us. They said they would send a new Medicare card, but couldn't disclose that information over the phone. this was two months ago during AEP.

I guess it is like the Federal Marketplace, it depends on who answers the phone and what mood they are in that day.

I work with SSDI clients who get Medicare from disability. Their Part A date can vary sometimes but their Part B date is almost always exactly 24 months from their date of SSDI payment entitlement.

If your client still has his award letter from SSDI, ask him what the very first sentence says on it. Generally, it will say "You are entitled to monthly disability benefits beginning (Month) (Year)". This will tell you that their Medicare Part B effective date is 24 months from that month/year.

I did this with a client. He told me he thought it was the summer of 2010. I started there for a few months and finished the year. Then started 2011 and it was that summer. It was actually pretty quick to do it.

That's what I did with the proposed insured this morning. Took me about 20-25 minutes because he thought it was late 2001 or early 2002. Wound up being April 2005.

I just hope his part B effective date is the same. That's what I listed on his application (same as A's effective date). :skeptical:

That's what I did with the proposed insured this morning. Took me about 20-25 minutes because he thought it was late 2001 or early 2002. Wound up being April 2005.

I just hope his part B effective date is the same. That's what I listed on his application (same as A's effective date). :skeptical:

In a pinch i have whirled the effective date for MA and it never delayed application.I guess the carriers are going to verify it either way before they forward the application to CMS for approval.

For a person who started medicare when they T65 I use this to get the effective date.

https://www.medicare.gov/eligibilitypremiumcalc/#eligibility

Back