How to get a DRLP to start a brokerage?

Jaime Ortiz

Hello,

I'm new to the insurance world and looking to start selling soon. Looking towards the future in Illinois I believe they require a DRLP to start your own agency. How do I go about getting a DRLP?

Jaime

So for an agency/company when one partner doesnt have a license I'm guessing?
Yea if he was an llc and having w2 employees he needs the agency to be liscenced in each state and it has to have the designated liscenced producer and some other things. I only rudementarly looked into it because I'm not really keen on doing that. But if would need to find a producer to go into business with then if for whatever reason he cant get liscenced. Perhaps felony idk. But OP if you can be liscenced just do it it takes like one week of study

I teach you shit all of the time...lol.

Did you teach me the difference between shit and shinola? LOL!

shit-from-shinola.jpg

Yea if he was an llc and having w2 employees he needs the agency to be liscenced in each state and it has to have the designated liscenced producer and some other things. I only rudementarly looked into it because I'm not really keen on doing that. But if would need to find a producer to go into business with then if for whatever reason he cant get liscenced. Perhaps felony idk. But OP if you can be liscenced just do it it takes like one week of study
I get it.

My LLCs (NV and NY) call me a "sub producer" as the designated agent.

Back