How to Keep Up with Medicare Supplement Rate Increases?

I am in Florida and like to keep up with the Rates of the different Medicare Supplement carriers. How is the best way to get notified of the increases of companies you are not appointed with? What months do the different carriers have there increases and how big a % are the increases usually?

I am in Florida and like to keep up with the Rates of the different Medicare Supplement carriers. How is the best way to get notified of the increases of companies you are not appointed with? What months do the different carriers have there increases and how big a % are the increases usually?

An agent should always strive to be contracted with the three or four most competitive companies in the area he/she is selling in. As a contracted agent the companies will keep the agent up to date on rate changes.

There is no regular time of year when increases take place. They can happen anytime. The percent of increase will also vary from year to year, company to company and state to state. I've seen a company have a 9% increase one year and a couple of years later the same company had a 25% increase.

I know what you are looking for...

You want a single source for you to log in and periodically check on the rates of all carriers in your area. Better yet, how about an email notification with % increase every time a carrier raises rates in your state.

If you were on top of your game you would already have that. I do. I also have a list of all the BCBS, Bankers, and UA policyholders in my state. Right now I'm working on a list of CD holders that I have that gives you the amount and maturity date of the individual's CD. Its pretty cool.

Back to your original question. Your State's DOI website will have something like what you are looking for but it will not always be up to date.

Everyone always expects someone else to do their work for them and they always expect valuable information like this for free. You gotta get it on your own. Its called WORK for a reason.

I know what you are looking for...

You want a single source for you to log in and periodically check on the rates of all carriers in your area. Better yet, how about an email notification with % increase every time a carrier raises rates in your state.

If you were on top of your game you would already have that. I do. I also have a list of all the BCBS, Bankers, and UA policyholders in my state. Right now I'm working on a list of CD holders that I have that gives you the amount and maturity date of the individual's CD. Its pretty cool.

Back to your original question. Your State's DOI website will have something like what you are looking for but it will not always be up to date.

Everyone always expects someone else to do their work for them and they always expect valuable information like this for free. You gotta get it on your own. Its called WORK for a reason.

You got a good sense of humor. You chastise this poster for basically being lazy and asking for help, but then you spend your valuable time giving him/her (and the rest of us) lots of good ideas. I love it! :goofy:

In Illinois the state insurance department puts together a spreadsheet of all companies offering med supps in Illinois and there rates for us. Check with your insurance department and ask them if they do the same.

In Illinois the state insurance department puts together a spreadsheet of all companies offering med supps in Illinois and there rates for us. Check with your insurance department and ask them if they do the same.

An agent can do that in most states but don't rely on the rate information to be accurate. It very seldom is.

All it is good for is to get an idea of which companies may be among the most competitive.

I also have a list of all the BCBS, Bankers, and UA policyholders in my state. Right now I'm working on a list of CD holders that I have that gives you the amount and maturity date of the individual's CD. Its pretty cool.

I have a list of all of Focus LTC's insureds, with names, dob's, tele's, and, addresses.

Back