How to prepare for Florida 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Annuity exam?

Aug 8, 2019

1. PharmacistAgent

PharmacistAgent New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hello,
    I am currently studying for the exam in 2 weeks. Is reading the study manual provided by NAIFA sufficient to pass the test? Or should I also review materials from my pre-licensing course?

2. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    I would use the pre-licensing info and take the practice tests. Typically the specific pre-licensing course is designed to help you pass the test, and in my experience if you study and do well on the practice tests you should be fine.
    Of any test I've taken, the Life/health test was the easiest, much of it was common sense. You definitely need to study though.

pfg1, Aug 9, 2019
  3. TampaHound

TampaHound Guru

State:
    Florida
    When I took my exam, some 5 years ago, it tended to concentrate on the law. Remember that you just need a 70% (although I do believe it should be higher) to pass.

4. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    I tend to agree.. the pre-licensing course does a great job setting you up to pass. After you pass the final, I'd set the test date no more than 48 hours after.

5. billyb

billyb Guru

When I became licensed in 1977 it was a lot harder than it is now. You had to write the answer not multiple choice.

billyb, Aug 9, 2019