How Would You Deal with this Referral?

what is the name of company?

Mercy care advantage in Maricopa, AZ

----------

Any chance of befriending one of those captive agents? I know from experience in not being able to write a preferred plan that it sucks to have to give away what you have worked for in the hope that the lead recipient might reciprocate. I kissed a lot of frog agents until I found the princes/princesses that actually cared enough to give back. It's always best to give the client the best option. If you don't, they could only end up disenrolling eventually.

I will give them a call and see if they would entertain the idea.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts. I figure this is a situation where if I just have them call plan B I would come across as cold, so the best I can do is to have a quick meeting, show them plan C and encourage them to contact plan B themselves.

Mercy care advantage in Maricopa, AZ

----------

I will give them a call and see if they would entertain the idea.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts. I figure this is a situation where if I just have them call plan B I would come across as cold, so the best I can do is to have a quick meeting, show them plan C and encourage them to contact plan B themselves.

I don't know AZ MA companies well but like some else said all duels are $0/$0 the dif is the extra's, I know in many states some of the smaller localized companies have had more issue's which prior auth, customer service and some have gone under. Sometimes the person would rather forgo some of the extra's for a larger company

Now I don't know AZ MA Co as I have only done just a few MA there and mostly supp, But you should know if the company has a reputation. You can also look around some of the FMO sites to see if they are offered.

I used to work with FMO in CA on a contract or 2 a couple years ago that was big on some of those localized companies in CA and AZ, I can't remember the name off hand but I have heard greensky mention them

It is not that big of a deal to help those beneficiaries (not clients) access the needed plan. A referral from a doctor is a big deal, the more you help him help those he cares for the more they trust and refer. I do a good deal of freebees, it pays back in the long run.

A doctor's office is ending their contract with MAPD plan A, they referred some of their patients who are on plan A to me, wanting me to help them sign up for plan B. The problem is plan B is a captive one and I don't have it. I told those who called I could show them plan C which allows them to see the same doctor but is not as good as plan A, but I don't represent plan B so I can't help them with that.

The problem is plan B is more competitive than plan C, would you go as far as telling them that they will be better off by just calling plan B themselves?

Find out who is a solid agent at plan B a give them the referral then try to cultivate relationship with the captive agent so they can refer cases to you that don't fit their plans

Back