How's Your Experience with New York Life?

I hated the captive situation I just left but it was good experience and necessary for me to gain enough knowledge to go out on my own. That being said, I wish I would've chosen a different captive company. I worked with Bankers Life for 3 years and that place is a straight up shit show. I agree with the above that there is a lot of variation between offices.

If I were to do it over again, I would've chosen a carrier that has 1) a better name and 2) more competitive products

In my opinion, the top captives I would consider would be ...
MassMutual
Northwestern
NYL

I guess you are captive but still not limited to any company when it comes to selling product

you will have to find your own leads just like if you work for yourself

I was brought in by someone who was a great agent and a friend of mine. So ive had a great experience so far...

I hated the captive situation I just left but it was good experience and necessary for me to gain enough knowledge to go out on my own. That being said, I wish I would've chosen a different captive company. I worked with Bankers Life for 3 years and that place is a straight up shit show. I agree with the above that there is a lot of variation between offices.

If I were to do it over again, I would've chosen a carrier that has 1) a better name and 2) more competitive products

In my opinion, the top captives I would consider would be ...
MassMutual
Northwestern
NYL

everything ive heard about northwestern is bad (not in terms of product). knew a few people that worked there and their experience has been more than poor. few came over to NYL. Mass I am not sure about but they have good product and reputation only one that is close to NYL. and nyl only triple a rated in the country. its been a pretty easy selling point so far

everything ive heard about northwestern is bad (not in terms of product). knew a few people that worked there and their experience has been more than poor. few came over to NYL. Mass I am not sure about but they have good product and reputation only one that is close to NYL. and nyl only triple a rated in the country. its been a pretty easy selling point so far

One of the biggest disadvantages I found about being captive is that it is damn near impossible to separate facts from selling points. And, that's not to say that what they are telling you is wrong ... it is just their side. You are wise for looking on a forum like this to get outside views before making a decision. I was not that wise.

One of the biggest disadvantages I found about being captive is that it is damn near impossible to separate facts from selling points. And, that's not to say that what they are telling you is wrong ... it is just their side. You are wise for looking on a forum like this to get outside views before making a decision. I was not that wise.

oh yea, 100%. thats why im happy about the guy that brought me in. he very quickly helped me understand that reality. which is why I dont spend much time in their classes either. I can learn the information myself and of course thats why I am here =)

and nyl only triple a rated in the country.

NYL is at the top of the ratings scales, but they don't have a higher rating than the United States... which had its credit rating drop from 'triple A' a few years ago. Usually a 'AA' rating or A++ or whatever it is from the various ratings agencies.

NYL is at the top of the ratings scales, but they don't have a higher rating than the United States... which had its credit rating drop from 'triple A' a few years ago. Usually a 'AA' rating or A++ or whatever it is from the various ratings agencies.

is this a rebuttal to me? or are you pointing out issues with the usa?
simple search shoes nyl is triple across the board, only insurance agency that can say that

Back