Hybrid Annuity

wmw

What is a hybrid annuity? Some people refer it to the annuities with both fixed and variable components in it. In other cases, it is a fixed index annuity with guranteed annual income for life. I'm selling the one with guranteed income and concerned about what I shoud tell my clients.

Re: Hybrd Annuity

I would consider a Hybrid an annuity an annuity with another form of insurance tied to it such as a long term care benefit. An Fixed Index Annuity with or without a lifetime withdrawal rider isn't really a hybrid of an annuity its still just an annuity doing what annuities have always been designed to do which is create an income stream.

I saw an annuity recently with a guaranteed lifetime income rider that doubles if you go to a nursing home. It was through Aviva.

From what I understand, the person must have already been withdrawing income via the rider for it to double. If they were not withdrawing income yet via the rider then went into nursing home, they don't get double the income. Kinda screwy but that is what I was told.

I saw an annuity recently with a guaranteed lifetime income rider that doubles if you go to a nursing home. It was through Aviva.

Once again what is hybrid here everything you mentioned is something an annuity normally does.

A hybrid annuity is an annuity which possesses characteristics of a fixed annuity and a variable rate annuity. This annuity type permits the annuity holder to decide how much money they want to invest in the fixed portion of the annuity (which is the primary advantage of this type of annuity).

A hybrid annuity is an annuity which possesses characteristics of a fixed annuity and a variable rate annuity. This annuity type permits the annuity holder to decide how much money they want to invest in the fixed portion of the annuity (which is the primary advantage of this type of annuity).

So how is this different than a Typical Variable annuity that offers a fixed account?

It's what JD Mellberg and his misleading website www.seniorannuityalert.com calls an index annuity with an income rider. His website videos and the emails he sends out are so one-sided that it disgusts me. Since he only has one product to sell (fixed index annuities), he bashes all other products. He's not securities licensed (I checked FINRA.org). This is one of the regulatory issues I see with our industry. Any chucklehead without a securities license can spout off anything they want and not be held accountable by anyone. End of rant.

Hybrid Annuity could also refer to the annuities that offer LTC benefits like One America or Mutual/United of Omaha.

It's what JD Mellberg and his misleading website www.seniorannuityalert.com calls an index annuity with an income rider. His website videos and the emails he sends out are so one-sided that it disgusts me. Since he only has one product to sell (fixed index annuities), he bashes all other products. He's not securities licensed (I checked FINRA.org). This is one of the regulatory issues I see with our industry. Any chucklehead without a securities license can spout off anything they want and not be held accountable by anyone. End of rant.

You just hit my number 3 on my list as to why I dropped my securities registration. Not exactly to spout off as a chucklehead but the ability to run my practice as I saw fit without the constant mother may I to the broker/dealer.

You just hit my number 3 on my list as to why I dropped my securities registration. Not exactly to spout off as a chucklehead but the ability to run my practice as I saw fit without the constant mother may I to the broker/dealer.
My two year dormant window closes at the end of December. I get antsy about it ever so often, but I'm letting it close.

Here's another example of FINRA / BD on crack... a friend of mine has been using a virtual office setup for 10 years. His physical office is at his home. his BD said that he can no longer use a virtual office business address since his files are at his home. He has to either use his home address as his published business address, set up a physical office, or drop his registration. His setup has been just fine for the last 10 years but all of a sudden it's no longer fine.

Back