I’m sure this comes up a lot…

This is the specially formatted response version for op:

You could give up all your insurance licenses and become a SHIP counselor or join Medicare Patrol. You could try to co-ordinate with a local pastor of a church with a building big enough to provide some temporary office space and do free Part D plan evaluations there each fall. Choices like that could solve the FMO/IMO problem for you because you would not need one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the reader friendly version for all other readers:

You could give up all your insurance licenses and become a SHIP counselor or join Medicare Patrol.

You could try to co-ordinate with a local pastor of a church with a building big enough to provide some temporary office space and do free Part D plan evaluations there each fall.

Choices like that could solve the FMO/IMO problem for you because you would not need one.
Pretty clever, LD.

You and I will just have to agree to disagree with this in regards to how I utilize MY time.
And I’m actually well aware on HOW to use paragraphs, silly degree and all. I just CHOOSE not use them because I structure my posts in public forums as thoughts and not in AP style format- creative license ;)
SJ

To be fair, I agree with Bob (somarco) on both counts. If and when you build a books of Medicare business, when AEP hits, you will not be able to spend 3 hours with a prospect/client. He's just giving seasoned advice. Don't take it as a personal attack.

Second, by using paragraphs you make the "experience" better for the people from which you are asking advice. When I see a post like your original post, sometimes I just skip it. While there may be punctuation, it just looks like one big run-on sentence.

You certainly don't have to use paragraphs, but you may get more participation if you do.

I know Wycoff .She’s not an fmo. Ehealth I’d stay a mile away from. They won’t release you . Brocks really big on technology . You can actually be a loa agent while you learn and then move to independent . I nor anyone knows what happens if the rules go in effect. Possibly the carriers pay fmo’s like W-2’s to handle much of this. I see no way carriers can handle contracting 1000’s of agents direct at this pt . As far as training carriers could double or triple there on the ground regionals to handle that

I got an invitation a while back for Medicare Monsters and had absolutely no idea what it was all about. So, they're not an FMO? I was always a bit confused. I see them on FB all the time basically being the insurance equivalent of Zig Ziglar. They also conduct a lot of seminars.

I got an invitation a while back for Medicare Monsters and had absolutely no idea what it was all about. So, they're not an FMO? I was always a bit confused. I see them on FB all the time basically being the insurance equivalent of Zig Ziglar. They also conduct a lot of seminars.
Yes Justin Brock who owns the fb group medicare monsters is a sort of fmo . He’s technically under Ifg ( owned by Humana)who’s probably the biggest Medicare fmo now . There’s 12 k or so people in the group . You ask any Medicare question and you’ll get 5-10 answers in a few hrs . Again all these groups obviously formed these groups to recruit. But Brock has a lot of loa agents

Last edited:
Wait, I can just give up my licenses?

Guys.. I don't think I'm going into work tomorrow. Alex is a free man!

View attachment 11672
Whoa up there buddy.

My Insurance Forums training from @DHK suggests that you may be an exception to those who could give up their licenses.

DHK started a thread awhile back-something about someone high up in a CFP related organization not being a CFP.

What kind of example is it going to set in your campaign for Insurance Commissioner of CA if you don't have an insurance license?

(and besides, I've been hearing a lot of rumors about the high costs of property related insurance coverage on the west coast-if that includes auto coverage as well as home coverage, you may not be able to keep the DeLorean if you take a job working for free as a ship counselor--unless they get paid in those West Coast states where you are?)

What kind of example is it going to set in your campaign for Insurance Commissioner of CA if you don't have an insurance license?
Very few, if any, insurance commissioners have an insurance license. In fact, it may require that you surrender your license as receiving renewals and commissions could be considered a conflict of interest.

It's a political regulatory position, not one requiring a license.

Very few, if any, insurance commissioners have an insurance license. In fact, it may require that you surrender your license as receiving renewals and commissions could be considered a conflict of interest.

It's a political regulatory position, not one requiring a license.
Works both ways around here. Years ago our insurance commissioner John Oxendine left office. On his last day as commissioner he gave himself every license that Georgia offers.

A few months ago he was indicted for health insurance fraud and money laundering.

Thank you for the suggestion.
One thing I would just like to point out is that I didn’t write a lengthy post just for someone to read it. I wrote it in hope that someone would answer the question asked.
SJ
TLDR is a risk on a long post that is tedious to read. Thus, by being obstinate, you'll likely lose out on some good advice.

We're all here to help each other out. Make it easy for folks to help.

Back