I Am a "Valued Partner" Are You?

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Dear Cigna Broker,

Please be advised that we are adjusting our Cigna Individual and Family Plan medical commission schedules for GOLD PLANS ONLY in Colorado, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas effective December 23, 2015. Sales of Gold Plans in these markets submitted on or after December 23rd will earn 0% commission.

CURRENT COMMISSIONS FOR BRONZE AND SILVER PLANS ARE NOT IMPACTED.

Commission schedules have been updated on CignaforBrokers.

You are a valued partner, and we appreciate the business you place with us. We look forward to an exciting 2016 and helping you grow your business. If you have any questions, please contact your New Business Manager or Broker Support at 877.Cigna.15.

Thank you,

At least they aren't charging you to place business with them.

Seriously though, i wonder if carriers think about this sh!t before they send it? "We value you so much that we aren't going to pay you".

There must a Cigna rule that they won't change commission without a 30 day advance notice. They value agents more than United Healthcare, who only gave us a 24 hour advance notice.

Valued means "to estimate the worth of something".

We've been valued, and our worth to them is $0.

"You are worthless" doesn't sound as nice as "you are a valued broker", which is still accurate when we have been valued, and they've determined that value to be $0.

You can contest that they were going for the "considered to be important or beneficial; cherished" definition, but clearly that doesn't apply in context.

It's a nice way of saying you're fired but still can you come and market our plans at your expense and time for our existence?

Oh, yes; I do feel so special. There are more ways not to pay us with Cigna than there are ways to pay us. I worked for 6 hours on a case only to find out it was a non-commissioned product. So I just politely unsold it and wrote something else.

Oh, yes; I do feel so special. There are more ways not to pay us with Cigna than there are ways to pay us. I worked for 6 hours on a case only to find out it was a non-commissioned product. So I just politely unsold it and wrote something else.

If the applicant(s) need ongoing medical care, you did CIGNA a favor and they thank you.

Latest posts

Back