I have been doing ACA here in Florida for one year now. Ask me anything!

I am not an agent.

Are you familiar with Florida Blue EPO/PPO? They have two flavors of EPO/PPO plans: BlueSelect and BlueChoice. Do you happen to know what the difference is between the two? BlueChoice usually has higher premiums than BlueSelect for similar coverage. I'm guessing it has something to do with provider networks, but that's just a guess from poking around on my own.

I ask because people who live in RVs and travel fulltime often choose Florida as their domicile because they can get a Florida Blue plan that includes "Blue Card" coverage as they travel around the country, but nobody seems to know what effect choosing BlueSelect over BlueChoice would mean to their coverage.

I am not an agent.

Are you familiar with Florida Blue EPO/PPO? They have two flavors of EPO/PPO plans: BlueSelect and BlueChoice. Do you happen to know what the difference is between the two? BlueChoice usually has higher premiums than BlueSelect for similar coverage. I'm guessing it has something to do with provider networks, but that's just a guess from poking around on my own.

I ask because people who live in RVs and travel fulltime often choose Florida as their domicile because they can get a Florida Blue plan that includes "Blue Card" coverage as they travel around the country, but nobody seems to know what effect choosing BlueSelect over BlueChoice would mean to their coverage.

Their PPO is off the marketplace. My wife sold us our HSA PPO and I didn’t see it in healthsherpa.
The marketplace has the EPO/HMO which have a smaller network.

I am not an agent.

BlueChoice was yesterday. It's Blue Options and Blue Select.

You "should" know that not only will they have to pay back 100% of the tax credits, but also they will have to remove the HSA contribution with penalties (or should, since they were on a NON HSA CSR silver plan), and they fraudulently got a $1000 deductible plan, when they should have been on a $9000 deductible plan. But won't be punished on that one........the Obama way

I bet 50% of the aca I run into on low income the people are unemployed and getting free aca . They haven’t worked in yrs

BlueChoice was yesterday. It's Blue Options and Blue Select.
Argh. I always get that wrong.

I just looked on HealthSherpa for zip code 32043 and Florida Blue offers, in addition to HMO plans, Blue Options PPO and Blue Select EPO. A couple of years ago, Options and Select were both described as "PPO/EPO" and it was never clear exactly what that meant, and as I said, how they differed.

In the search I just did, all the Select plans are EPOs and the Options plans are PPOs. That seems a little clearer, but from looking at the documents available, I don't notice any differences.

And that's what I'm asking about, particularly as it pertains to people who travel fulltime with a Florida Blue marketplace plan based on their Florida domicile, and who often get their routine healthcare outside Florida via use of the Blue Card coverage, which is basically a nationwide network of providers. Is there a practical difference in coverage for these people if they choose the cheaper Select plan than the more expensive Options plan?

Argh. I always get that wrong.

I just looked on HealthSherpa for zip code 32043 and Florida Blue offers, in addition to HMO plans, Blue Options PPO and Blue Select EPO. A couple of years ago, Options and Select were both described as "PPO/EPO" and it was never clear exactly what that meant, and as I said, how they differed.

In the search I just did, all the Select plans are EPOs and the Options plans are PPOs. That seems a little clearer, but from looking at the documents available, I don't notice any differences.

And that's what I'm asking about, particularly as it pertains to people who travel fulltime with a Florida Blue marketplace plan based on their Florida domicile, and who often get their routine healthcare outside Florida via use of the Blue Card coverage, which is basically a nationwide network of providers. Is there a practical difference in coverage for these people if they choose the cheaper Select plan than the more expensive Options plan?
EPO - exclusive provider network PPO - preferred provider network

Although EPO does have blue card you will be limited on providers that are considered in network. If you're traveling around the country your best bet is Blue Options. In Florida there is a vast network for BO and less in BS. The rule is suppose to be, if a doc in another state is a contracted provider in their respective state for Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO plan they should accept you as in network. But you always call the out of area number on the back of your card and ask if a certain provider is going to be considered in network and they just might say yes but then as a caveat they will tell you to call that doc and ask if they are a contracted provider for their state BCBS PPO plan as Florida Blue has no way of knowing if they just left the network. You can find out of state providers by going to [EXTERNAL LINK] - BCBS.com Homepage search find a doc.

Back