I have no idea where to start

I was 3 math classes away from graduating from WGU with a Business Management degree. Then some recruiters told me how you can make money over and over again from the same sale by selling insurance policies. I eventually flunked out of college algebra but I passed my insurance license and never looked back! I'm still paying off my student loans with my renewal checks! If you're good at math, I recommend at least finishing your degree to have something to fall back on in case Biden gets elected and gets rid of private insurance! :swoon:

Last edited:
I know I first need to complete a pre-licensing course. Someone here recommended AD Banker instead of Kaplan because it's more to the point. Any other opinions on that? (I'm in Michigan if that matters).

When signing up a licensing exam ask yourself One Question: "Do you want to simply pass the exam or do you envision yourself becoming an expert in your field?" There are numerous exam companies that will simply help you pass, while others, which are more in depth.

When signing up a licensing exam ask yourself One Question: "Do you want to simply pass the exam or do you envision yourself becoming an expert in your field?" There are numerous exam companies that will simply help you pass, while others, which are more in depth.

I think even if you memorized every single fact in every license prep class made, there would still be a lot to learn. The license prep classes are really focused on helping you pass the exam, which does include a certain level of knowledge but (a) zero on how to sell, and (b) nothing on the practical application side of things...e.g., you'll understand underwriting, but not know which conditions are knockouts for which carriers, or in which circumstances someone would want a particular rider and why, etc.

I could be wrong, but having see both AD Banker's and America Professor's materials, I thought they were a great intro but hardly something where you could go out and immediately sit down with a client. If there are more in-depth programs, I'd be interested to know about them.

Back