I Made a Stupid Mistake

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Wrote a 75F a Transamerica application last week. She gave me her medications and she said all had been taken for over 2 years. Well the Warfarin was prescribed in 12/15 because of a pulmonary embolism. When I asked her about it she said it was last December. The company issued SNT instead of preferred. Premium went from 73 to 96.

I stopped by yesterday and wrote a Foresters. She qualified for Level. By mistake I checked that she was a tobacco user on the application. She told Apptical that she did not use tobacco. Now the underwriter wants to write her doctor. Why won't they take my word for it? I told them I made the mistake. Issue the policy with an amendment and be done with it.

Foresters takes pulmonary embolism and Warfarin prescribed less than 2 years as Preferred?

I used RNA for a lady on Warfarin once, 25K. Issued preferred. Also, you can call any company and get a pre-app assessment from underwriting.

I too wonder why they will not take our word for it that we checked the wrong box! It makes me so mad!

More than likely a conservative legal department or something they have been burned on in the past. They have to take these items to court if something is contested and an amendment is a little stronger than a scribble out and initials. A jury usually favors poor little Aunt Mae right from the start over the big bad insurance company who has all the money in the world. Insurance companies need to have things pretty lock tight so fact can preside over sympathy.

More than likely a conservative legal department or something they have been burned on in the past. They have to take these items to court if something is contested and an amendment is a little stronger than a scribble out and initials. A jury usually favors poor little Aunt Mae right from the start over the big bad insurance company who has all the money in the world. Insurance companies need to have things pretty lock tight so fact can preside over sympathy.

They should issue with amsig required amendment correcting it to what the agent states. Especially since she did the phi saying no to tobacco. Just my opinion.

I was told today to get a statement from her doctor saying that she does not use tobacco. My mistake and it created more detail work for me and the client lives 2 hours drive away one way.

Latest posts

Back