I was paid at No Prejudice Basis after a accident and now they want their money back after 2 years!!

johnsmith1337

Hi guys i had a car accident in 2018 where the other party paid money into my account at No Prejudice Basis for the repair of my car even though it was uncertain who was at fault. Its been two years and yesterday i recieved a letter asking me to pay them the money back as they said it was my fault for the accident.
Should i pay them the money back or should i ignore it. Please help !!

Depends on the exact date of the accident. Colorado has a 2 year statute of limitations (time limit) to file a lawsuit for property damage.

See: CRS 13-80-101(1)(n)(I)

https://advance.lexis.com/documentp...9kk&prid=7ab673dc-bdc0-466f-90c8-ac0fdfcdbe3b

That doesn't prevent a lawsuit it just gives you a defense that you would have to raise in response to a lawsuit to get it dismissed.

Make sure it's more than the 2 year to the day and then you are free to ignore it, or respond with a reminder that the SOL has run out, and then see what happens.

After you check the dates, if you find that you are within the 2 years, contact your carrier and let them defend your case.

Back