• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

If a Bill Gets Passed How Fast Will This Take Effect

Re: If a Bill Gets Passed How Fast Will This Take Effect.

measures will start going into effect within 6 months... some things will take longer like the creation of the "public plan" but i feel things like gi will go into effect within a year.... but bottom line, if it passes your biz ends on the spot... i promise u. all sales will freeze. yes, you will make a sell here or there but the game will be over if the public plan goes.

no one will make a move and i feel consumers will just buy any old thing or a stmm just to tie them over.

i have always said if it passes we will all go bankrupt, period, end of story.... i will just go back out on the circut and play cards... or go deal dope but Texas health Insurance is dead

Last edited:

It will go retro to August 2005 and you will be charged back all commissions.

:-)

If a Bill Gets Passed How Fast Will This Take Effect. Go to Top
Measures will start going into effect within 6 months... some things will take longer like the creation of the "public plan" but i feel things like gi will go into effect within a year.... but bottom line, if it passes your biz ends on the spot... i promise u. all sales will freeze. yes, you will make a sell here or there but the game will be over if the public plan goes.

No one will make a move and i feel consumers will just buy any old thing or a stmm just to tie them over.

I have always said if it passes we will all go bankrupt, period, end of story.... i will just go back out on the circut and play cards... or go deal dope

-------------------------

I have a contact or two ?

P.S.
TX, what the hell do you mean will stop? Chime in here people? F me, the blasted inbound calls are down like 90% in the last week and a half. I think just the notion that this maybe be a free for all has put the breaks on this. They want to believe it. Any body else know what I am talking about? Had a guy on a Humana deal 2 weeks ago. Smooth as silk. No modifications, etc. The wife calls up for him and they pull the plug. 6240 AV ! "We just want to wait and see what happens ..." And before Moon, Arn, Polish sausage or Georgia peach pit chime in with, "You didn't cement the sale ..." or whatever, this is the first time that this has happened to me ever in 11 years. I'm having serious internal dialogue as we speak about whether or not we should drop any more dime on marketing, etc. until this comes to some sort of a conclusion. F*ck me very much.

Last edited:

the american public are lemmings. period. the bottom line anytime anything happens it alters the mood and buying trends of consumers. clients that have been with me for 7 years who generaly request to move to a different plan after their yearly rate increase this time decided to sit tight. not all but a few. but, thats ok too... as long as they stay on the books

sooo.... like i said, business will freeze and Texas Medical Insurance will come to a halt

tx, no advance commission here so no worries, however you flipid comment does broach a valid point. all these agants and agencies that have built their practice on advance commissions will be screwed if and when this goes down... check this out: you take a 10 month advance, reform enacted, policy blows off the books, nothing to pay it back with.. ie, no clients. advancing are says pay up, tough dookie the health insurance industry crumbled, we want our money.. pay us our 10K.. 50K or whatever..... boom, agent done. vecter, credit report etc...

Last edited:
I agree. All health insurance sales will freeze. If people think they can join a govt plan in a few months, then they will just wait - health concerns be damned. My question is where are well all going to find jobs?

OK all you chicken littles

1) Nothing will go into effect until next year

2) The public plan if enacted isnt gonna put the health plans out of business. Do you really think billion dollar companies will allow something as democratic as govt to put them out of business?

3) Will there be GI- prob, Will there be community rating- prob. Health insurance will go up in price in the south and down in price in the north.

PS The public plan will probably be a non starter. I dont believe business will allow liberals to cut into their bottom line. before that happens youd have a coup like the almost one under Smedley Butler in the 1930's

Nothing ever really changes- Obama is playing at the edges but in reality his core Global policies are little different than W

al3 vbmenu_register("postmenu_167321", true);
Guru

If a Bill Gets Passed How Fast Will This Take Effect. Go to Top
Originally Posted by ins.dave
The wife calls up for him and they pull the plug. 6240 AV ! "We just want to wait and see what happens ..."
Having seen your posts here and what looks like your general "bad 'tude'" to those who dare cross or disagree with you, my guess is that the couple who bailed didn't do it because of future expectations but because they found a better broker.

"I want to see what will happen" is just another objection showing that you didn't, in your own words "cement the sale."

Why not call them back and explain to them that nothing is going to happen for probably a year... and even if it does, they are not locked in to anything. Also tell them that maybe they may get grand-fathered in with a BETTER plan than the government might offer (GI)... which they won't be able to get later on if they are less then in perfect health. Explain to them that there may be a two-tier system... one for healthy people via the private sector and a bare-bones, catastrophic safety-net-only plan for those who are not healthy that is offered by the government (and NOT free). Ask them which plan they want to be on should that happen. After all, no one, least of all you OR they, actually know what the outcome will be.

F*ck me very much.
Perhaps this couple dumped you because of your arrogant, foul-mouthed attitude (as evidenced in your previous posts to my threads.) No matter what, I'm convinced that it's YOU, not THEM.

I'm having serious internal dialogue as we speak about whether or not we should drop any more dime on marketing, etc. until this comes to some sort of a conclusion....
Well, now THAT is encouraging. But you might want to direct this internal dialogue not so much on spending for marketing but maybe taking some sales classes, perhaps from Rob Liano (The rock-star sales guy) whom people here sing their very high praises about.

When a car stops running well you take it in for an engine tune-up. Maybe after eleven years it's time for you to have something similar.

Just my guess... and after all... you asked.

Of course I could be way off base... and as always YMMV.

Originally Posted by ins.dave

The wife calls up for him and they pull the plug. 6240 AV ! "We just want to wait and see what happens ..."

Having seen your posts here and what looks like your general "bad 'tude'" to those who dare cross or disagree with you, my guess is that the couple who bailed didn't do it because of future expectations but because they found a better broker.

Of course there is always one who can’t resist. As I stated earlier. It was expected. Thanks for being predicable.

"I want to see what will happen" is just another objection showing that you didn't, in your own words "cement the sale."

Or, as I stated, he is an irresponsible deadbeat who is trying to convince himself that Obama hood is going to come riding in on a silver charger with a piñata full of candy and a voucher for free health insurance any day now.

Why not call them back and explain to them that nothing is going to happen for probably a year... and even if it does, they are not locked in to anything.

We are in continual contact with them, his wife was apologetic when she phoned me. Of course this was made clear to them. The term is paid for on a pro rated daily basis for your future reference.

Also tell them that maybe they may get grand-fathered in with a BETTER plan than the government might offer (GI)... which they won't be able to get later on if they are less then in perfect health.

Is English your first language? They will only think I am trying to rush them. Patience rookie, they will come around in their own good time. Do you not get this poll taker? This gentleman, not his wife, is in denial. And yes eventually, when he sees that Obama hood is only human, and a free bee is not eminent, they will phone and we will finish what we started together.

Explain to them that there may be a two-tier system... one for healthy people via the private sector and a bare-bones, catastrophic safety-net-only plan for those who are not healthy that is offered by the government (and NOT free). Ask them which plan they want to be on should that happen. After all, no one, least of all you OR they, actually know what the outcome will be.

I don’t even know how to respond to this comment. Add more speculation to the equation? Is that your recommendation?

F*ck me very much.
Perhaps this couple dumped you because of your arrogant, foul-mouthed attitude (as evidenced in your previous posts to my threads.) No matter what, I'm convinced that it's YOU, not THEM.

You are an egomaniacal child. How old are you? Have you seen your 30th birthday yet? The last time you ran your ignorant little pie hole, no less than 6 separate “forumers” called you on your comments. You’ve got a lot to learn and that’s o.k.; ears open - mouth shut and you will do so.

I'm having serious internal dialogue as we speak about whether or not we should drop any more dime on marketing, etc. until this comes to some sort of a conclusion....
Well, now THAT is encouraging. But you might want to direct this internal dialogue not so much on spending for marketing but maybe taking some sales classes, perhaps from Rob Liano (The rock-star sales guy) whom people here sing their very high praises about.

Again, we’ll take that under advisement. And yet again, considering the source, I don’t think we will.

When a car stops running well you take it in for an engine tune-up. Maybe after eleven years it's time for you to have something similar.

If and when you ever build anything resembling a book of business, then you also will have the luxury of being able to step back and evaluate current market trends instead of running around like the desperate combative chicken with your head cut off that you are at this time.
With your lack of communicative ability, I doubt you will see 11 months.

My guess is that you are probably working with a more demographically diverse population than you were when you were trained 11 years ago, perhaps one that has more liberal or moderate political views than you have... and your prejudices are showing.

That’s exactly what you are doing, guessing.

I see that a lot with agents, who by some act of nature seem to be just to the right of George Wallace (that probably dates me) in their political and social and economic views and they simply can't relate to today's insurance customer... without a crash course in behavior modification and a somewhat cultural adjustment in their own thinking.

If you are looking to learn bro., just ask? You don’t have to incite informative responses from others by being annoying?

Just my guess... and after all... you asked.

Trust me, that was not directly toward you. That was for other real agents.

Of course I could be way off base... and as always YMMV.

You must be getting used to that?

Last edited:
Back