Illinois Blue Cross to Acquire Cigna Medicare Advantage

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Earlier this year, the company of which Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois is a division and The Cigna Group entered into a definitive agreement whereby it will acquire Cigna Healthcare’s Medicare Advantage, Supplemental Benefits, Medicare Part D and CareAllies businesses. We expect the transaction to be completed in the first quarter of 2025, subject to customary closing conditions and required regulatory approvals.

HCSC has signed a definitive agreement with The Cigna Group to acquire its Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplemental Benefits, Medicare Part D and CareAllies businesses. The acquisition will benefit HCSC’s current and future members by enhancing the company’s capabilities and reach, particularly in the growing Medicare segment.

This is why I'm steering clear of Cigna, this AEP. No clue what's gonna happen when they merge, and I'm not trying to create headaches for myself or anyone else. My guess is these people will just roll right over to a BCBS plan and we'll still be AOR, but who knows.

Back