Imerica Health Insurance in Receivership

re: Imerica Health Insurance

Thanks, that's usually the trap. Hard to find an FMO that doesn't have traps.:skeptical:

Then don't work with FMO's.

You can contract with all the major carriers (BX is the exception in some states) without going through an FMO.

At the present time, Imerica is not contracting direct. That would be a real concern for me.

Of course they are still unrated and untested in a somewhat volatile market. Unless they are going to mow my yard, wash my car and clean my gutters for free, I see no reason to even show them when there are other carriers that are rated AND tested.

Hello yall.

New here and....well not an Life/Health agent but do have other lines.
My question relates to Imerica Life Health. I have been contacted cold and it just so happened the timing was right. I am looking. Currently my wife and I are w/ BCBS. Both self employed. She is 37, me 47. Non-smokers. No health issues. Ok...the conversation from the agent is that there is this program that he has moved a large part of his business to from BCBS. Imerica. He said he has 600 clients written with Imerica. Supposedly underwritten by Fortis and active in TX for at least 18mos he has been writing them. The program seems favorable, thought a bit more expensive per year. However it has some nice coverages.

Ok...I go online and can find very little about them. No real complaints but no glowing comments. Little if any press and I was 10 pages deep on Google search for Imerica. They are appointed in TX. They are out of CO. They came to Tx once before, applied but withdrew before Appointment. Now they are back. The blog here is a bit dated so is there new info on them you might share?

Lastly, if they were to go bye bye. How would Fortis handle outstanding claims?

They don't seem to be rated, but I don't have access to the rating companies. So maybe they are now. If not is that critical if backed by Fortis, since I don't see many complaints (TX Dept of Ins did have 4 Complaints filed).

Any help would be apprecieated. Adios from TX

They are unrated.

They have been in, and out, and back in the market.

What more do you need to know?

Imerica = tomorrow's Medical Savings Ins. Co.

Any of you bozos that sell that unrated junk will get what you deserve.

:yes:

Listen, if you don't like AHU or
Imerica simple......

Are they still giving away gold rings to top producers.......I like the AHU bunch except for one snafu which I will not go into....but still would not recommend them to a client.........as a matter of fact you want to buy the ring I will sell it to you cheap......the back part of the band is broke because I caught a baseball barehanded when I was coaching little league......

ring.jpg

Last edited:

I have my own issues with AHU, but that is separate from my concerns over Imerica, and to a lesser extent, World. There are so many good carriers that there is no need to offer either of them to clients.

I don't care if they do pay 28% commission. It isn't worth sacrificing my credibility with clients to push these plans.

Are they still giving away gold rings to top producers.......I like the AHU bunch except for one snafu which I will not go into....but still would not recommend them to a client.........as a matter of fact you want to buy the ring I will sell it to you cheap......the back part of the band is broke because I caught a baseball barehanded when I was coaching little league......

Scott, why don't trade in the ring for a baseball glove. I am sure that it will be easier on your hands.:yes:

Back