IMO Direct or Through GA

scottstreet

Guru
100+ Post Club
As I begin the transition from the captive world I'm wondering what the motivation for dealing with a GA is as opposed to an IMO directly? Improved comp? case help? Input from vets is appreciated. Thanks, Jim

As I begin the transition from the captive world I'm wondering what the motivation for dealing with a GA is as opposed to an IMO directly? Improved comp? case help? Input from vets is appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Contract levels, leads, and training. Most new agents are better off with a GA that provides good support instead of going it alone so to speak.

I agree with Josh. Find you a GA that offers what you are looking for. Each will have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I'm a big fan of lists...make a list of 5-10 things that are important to you and rank them. Look for a GA. For example, if I were looking now then training and support would not be at the top, but I would be more interested in commissions, product mix and perhaps lead systems. Objectively... what do you need help with and what do you not?

I started out under a really good GA that babysat me for a couple of years starting out, and I still carry a few contracts under him to show my appreciation.

A good GA is someone who, for a few points,will do a lot of hand holding until you are ready to go out completely on your own.

FMO's are there for illustrations, marketing,product and case support, while a good GA should provide the vital basic sales training.

Back