IMO's Used For Property & Casualty?

Zoaty

Expert
Hello Everyone,

Presently I'm studying to take my P&C License exam. I already have my Life & Health license and am signed on with an IMO for that side of the businesses as an independent producer. So what I'm trying to figure out is if there are IMO's for P&C that offer auto insurance carriers? I'm also interested in renters & home owners insurance, but my primary interest is auto.

If IMO's exist on the P&C side, what are some of the more popular ones, and why are producers happy with them?

Thanks!

Randy

It's a whole different world on the P&C Side. You got wholesalers, MGA's, clusters, and franchises to choose from. And they all want a slice of your pie!

Excellent - thank you for responding!

Does anyone know where i can gain a better understanding of my options for which type of organization would best fit with my goals?

Thank you!

Randy

All kinds of threads about this, but honestly you should get on the phone and start talking with folks...find agents in your region who are members of groups like siaa, premier, smart choice, piib, etc. There are literally dozens of options, all have pros and cons. There is a difference between the different types of organizations (without even considering wholesalers) and you should consider one that best fits your long and short term goals.

What you're going to want is a cluster, maybe a wholesaler too, but a cluster is going to be the way to go for you, likely. Do your research, talk to other agents.

Randy if you are brand new to the P&C side, I would suggest you tread lightly on picking a cluster. You might want to start off with a super simple solution such as Superior Access.

SA is not the best, but frankly when you are new it might be the easiest place to start to see how much business you are going to produce and how you like it. A lot of new agents ends up no liking P&C.

Another idea is to sidle up with an existing agency that is fully functioning and partner with them.

Clusters are terrific, but I really feel that they are more for people with experience in P&C.

Back