In Between the Door Knocks or when the Lead Flow is Low

Hi all. This week I only got 7 out of 15 mail leads and I'm wondering what I can do to see more people. I'm currently door knocking people I have not been able to see. I was listening to an old training call from one of the Regional Managers at EFES and he said to do the "T formation" while door knocking and the prospect is not at home. I've done this (knocking on the prospect's neighbors to the right, left and across the street, in case you do not know) previously, but only in senior apartments or communities. I'm curious to know what you do when the lead count is low and if you also do the T formation.

Thanks.

I too order TM Leads when DM is running low. I just started working the Heritage program Twilight is promoting. The prospecting is going very well. My plan is to build on this and even out lead flow in 2015.

Spent the day yesterday in a small rural community with Jeff Gorden door knocking from a list drawn fro Info-Free.. Criteria was female, ages 50+, income $0 -$50K. Never had so many "not homes" as a percentage of doors knocked in my life. Since we running a list and they were spread out a bit, we only knocked 29 doors between 11:00 AM and 5:00P.M... There was no one home in 15 of those. 10 there was no interest. 4 set appointments for Monday. 3 Of those appointments were cases where the person we were looking for had moved, but the persons living there (in each case younger than our target market). In one case, the wife and husband came out and said, "we need some life insurance" but it truly was not convenient for them to talk to us at that moment. The other two there was strong interest but would have been a one legged interview and I wanted the spouse to be present. I expect to write one or two cancer plans, a fully underwritten plan an one FE plan. I will post he results.

Over the years, my experience with canvasing has been that very few items do you get in for the interview on the initial approach. I consider the initial contact to be the same as when you call on the phone for an appointment but I am doing it in person instead of calling on the phone. I have also found that I have fewer no shows when I set the appointment face to face. However, if a person is going to canvas, they need an extra tool or two in their kit other than just FE so that you can make it worth your time.. JMO

Well, went back today but due to a physical therapy appointment that I had ....(plus the fact that I took the long route to get there so I could go by my favorite Chinese Buffet in Cleveland, TN) .....I was not able to get into the field until late afternoon. Only had time to make one presentation and that resulted in a cancer sale. This was a younger couple that we door knocked while hunting someone else. They also want me to talk with her mother and are considering setting up a payroll plan for their employees. I know this is not FE but when you canvass, you take what you get. Even if I don't get anything else, the $358 commission so far ain't bad for a total of only about 8 hours in the field.

Well, went back today but due to a physical therapy appointment that I had ....(plus the fact that I took the long route to get there so I could go by my favorite Chinese Buffet in Cleveland, TN) .....I was not able to get into the field until late afternoon. Only had time to make one presentation and that resulted in a cancer sale. This was a younger couple that we door knocked while hunting someone else. They also want me to talk with her mother and are considering setting up a payroll plan for their employees. I know this is not FE but when you canvass, you take what you get. Even if I don't get anything else, the $358 commission so far ain't bad for a total of only about 8 hours in the field.

Wow! You must be the best salesman in the whole world! I don't care how cheap it is, you couldn't get me to buy cancer.:D

Wow! You must be the best salesman in the whole world! I don't care how cheap it is, you couldn't get me to buy cancer.:D

As a cancer survivor, I am a believer in cancer plans

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, now I see what you are talking about.. No, i didn't sell them cancer .. wouldn't do that to my worst enemy! I sold them a cancer PLAN.

As a cancer survivor, I am a believer in cancer plans

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, now I see what you are talking about.. No, i didn't sell them cancer .. wouldn't do that to my worst enemy! I sold them a cancer PLAN.

How does a cancer plan work? What does it cover and how does it pay? Can a cancer surviver get the coverage?

Thanks in advance!

How does a cancer plan work? What does it cover and how does it pay? Can a cancer surviver get the coverage?

Thanks in advance!
There are two basic type of plans. One pays a lump sum immediately upon diagnosis. The other pays stated benefits based upon the treatment received. Some companies will issue coverage if a person has been treatment free for 10 years. Washington National has a couple of lump sum plans that also have a stated benefit rider that have only a five year look back for all cancers except melanoma.

How does a cancer plan work? What does it cover and how does it pay? Can a cancer surviver get the coverage? Thanks in advance!

The best ones pay just like an FE policy except the benefit is triggered by cancer not death. You can buy any lump sum amount from $5,000 to $50,000.

Great product.

Previous cancer is usually a knock out.

Latest posts

Back