Independent in Texas.....who Will Appoint?

summermg

Howdy everyone! I have enjoyed reading some of the threads on this site.

Besides Progressive and Foremost, what other carriers do you gurus recommend to try to obtain direct appointments from as an emerging independent agent. Thanks in advance!

I'm going to need more information than that prior to answering.

Carriers Reps are going to need to know....

Who are you? Background? Business location? City? Experience? Years licensed? Financial run way? Marketing plan? number of other carriers they are going to compete against? Business plan?

Answer these all wrong and no one is appointing. Answer them all right and possibly everyone is appointing.

In the end what can a group do for you financially speaking to help you make more money instead of banging your head on this wall.

Last edited:
Howdy everyone! I have enjoyed reading some of the threads on this site. Besides Progressive and Foremost, what other carriers do you gurus recommend to try to obtain direct appointments from as an emerging independent agent. Thanks in advance!

SafeCo and Liberty Mutual will.
Agentsecure.com is a good non-captive MGA to start building a book w/ carriers prior to qualifying for their appointment.

Thanks for your input. I'll check that site out too.

----------

Shawn I am a rookie, green as can be. I'll be in a rural area building on a client base from prior retail businesses. Thanks for your input though!

Thanks for your input. I'll check that site out too. ---------- Shawn I am a rookie, green as can be. I'll be in a rural area building on a client base from prior retail businesses. Thanks for your input though!

Wow- if you are in a rural area, carrier reps will come looking for you! You should not have any issue w/ appointments.

Back