Indexing Strategies

What are you currently illustrating the non-guarantees at? I know most allow you to illustrate over 8%, but are you being that aggressive and setting your client up for disappointment?

Most of my guys aren't using illustrations unless they're ones from the carrier and the carrier is using their own historical #s (Allianz, BPA, etc.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I agree that yearly caps are way too low to be useful at the moment. But a 2% Mp2p w/ cap is still a good option.

Uncapped options are nice, I like the BPA, but all the others use monthly avg, which im not a big fan of.

Monthly cap is good, but as I'm sure you know, you can have 11 months of capping out and 1 bad month wipe it all out. Averaging is not the best, but I'd rather have an uncapped averaging with a spread than a monthly cap of 2% and have a year that is up 20% overall but your client lays a goose egg b/c that 1 month got 'em you know?

Let's just all start selling IUL's with 17% caps!

Last edited:
I have mind index annuity doing really well with yearly crediting. The 5 year period will be up next year. Not sure what I will roll it when the time is up.

Latest posts

Back