Industry’s first indexed whole life product debuts today from Ohio National

I'm sure it's a software programming issue for the title of that column. All someone needs to do is let the sales desk know and they can get it updated. It's a new product so I'm sure they're working through some issues. (Not that I'm representing or defending them - just the reality. I've had other illustration issues from other companies on occasion.)
Welcome back!

Reactions: DHK
NY Life with new products

Secure Wealth Plus

• 10 Pay (only) Whole Life Product on a 2% guarantee pricing chassis
  • Approximately 50% cash surrender value in year 1
  • Premium Deposit Account (PDA) is available with this product (currently 4.75%)
  • Product is not yet available for premium financed cases
  • Product has a different compensation structure than Custom Whole Life
  • Not yet available in New York

Market Wealth Plus

• Flexible premium variable life product
  • Optimal premium paying period is between 7-10 years
  • First year cash value approximately 97%
  • Not yet available in New York or California

I think this is more like the old Adjustable Rate WL that existed at one point. Which is essentially a UL that receives Dividends. Except in this case you can choose between Dividends or Indexed Accounts.

Increasing COI

"Surrender Value" instead of just "Cash Value"

The existence of an expense report

I think this is on a UL chassis.

They offer a 5.5% fixed interest rate on the Single Premium account on 1035 exchanges and 4% on the dollar cost averaging account. Also, an uncapped S&P index option with a current spread of 9%. On the illustration the guaranteed 0% returns show that at age 70 the account value hits $0 and the cash surrender value is over $140k. Does that mean that you can borrow the cash value even though none of it is indexed? Or is the account value the amount you can borrow (i.e. $0)?

Last edited:
Back