Insulin diabetic 40 units 3 hbp

Competitive but there are still many others right around the same price with better names then Lumico,

The name Lumico doesn't even sound like an ins company, Yes I can get around it but why, There are others in the same range if not lower

This is their first increase does not mean they won't have a big increase in 3rd year, As it seems when these things happen, Not enough data to feel confident on one low increase

Just so you know, Swiss Re is a company with great long-standing ratings.

Just so you know, Swiss Re is a company with great long-standing ratings.

Maybe being a little hard on them, Gues just feel like so many new companies pop up, and have no underwriting nitch Nothing to separate them besides price

Been kind of down on the low increase thing because so many with low increases start to have high increases Between,a year to 3 years after I jump on the bandwagon

Just got emails with big increase bankers fidelity 20%, Also Cigna 12% on G in some states, but they are all getting it, some time or another

But maybe I am wrong about this one

Last edited:
owned by Swiss RE

Issuing carriers owned by reinsurers isn't always a good thing . . . especially European reinsurance carriers.

On the plus side they are often well capitalized and tend to value the long term view vs quick buck.

But they can also sell of a carrier or block of business that is underperforming in a heart beat.

The tend to be better with big picture situations vs small stuff.

ING is one of the largest reinsurance carriers. They went on a US buying spree a few years ago. Purchased a number of smaller (and a few larger) carriers.

Then they grew tired of that market and spun it off to a separate company (Voya) who is US based.

Been kind of down on the low increase thing because so many with low increases start to have high increases Between,a year to 3 years after I jump on the bandwagon
That's the way it's been for a long time now. I've waited to pick up companies, then before I get a chance to use them they have a big increase and they go in the closet. :yes:

I wonder if Swiss RE reinsures Lumico? :err:

Possibly . . . DK.

Offering assurance because Lumico is owned/reinsured by Swiss Re is tantamount to telling folks when they buy a plan from Omaha Insurance Co it is just the same as buying from Mutual of Omaha.

No it isn't.

If MOO decided to close or sell off OIC there is no guarantee the policyholders would have continuity of coverage from OIC.

Same for the Aetna subs, Cigna subs, etc.

The parent(s) put them into that line of coverage, they can take them out. Or the new owner can pull them out of that market.

I lost track but I think Equitable L&C was reinsured by either Omaha or Aetna right before they were sold and the new owner pulled them out of the Medigap business.

Nothing is forever.

I lost track but I think Equitable L&C was reinsured by either Omaha or Aetna right before they were sold and the new owner pulled them out of the Medigap business.
Both Aetna and MOFO have reinsured Equitable, can't remember which was doing it at the end.

They're still in the Med Supp business as Equitable National. :yes:

Both Aetna and MOFO have reinsured Equitable, can't remember which was doing it at the end.

They're still in the Med Supp business as Equitable National. :yes:

No, the PARENT is in the Medigap business . . . kind of.

Eq Nat did not assume the risk for Eq L&C.

L&C is still on the hook for runoff claims. Since there is no new revenue coming in that block is in a death spiral.

Losses don't flow up to the parent or over to the sister company.

Losses are the sole responsibility of L&C.

No, the PARENT is in the Medigap business . . . kind of.

Eq Nat did not assume the risk for Eq L&C.

L&C is still on the hook for runoff claims. Since there is no new revenue coming in that block is in a death spiral.

Losses don't flow up to the parent or over to the sister company.

Losses are the sole responsibility of L&C.
Yet if you replace E L&C with EN, it's an internal replacement and you don't even get a fresh 6 years.

Back