Insurance Lead Companies...

PatrickJoseph

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Why do we sit here and bad mouth the same internet lead providers that are listed as viable companies on this forum? I'm a bit unsure as to what the activity on this forum has done for insurance lead providers.....

On another note, any INSURANCE AGENTS that have old lists of leads they have purchased I would be happy to buy them from you for a minimal cost. PM me if selling.

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY! ENJOY THE WEEKEND!

Most agents that complain about lead companies that bought more than 10 leads in my opinion, had a bad experience because:

-Doesn't know how to buy internet leads.
-Didn't buy enough.
-Doesn't know how to work internet leads.
-No sales process.
-Doesn't try and ask for the sale at all.

Though there surely are crappy leads out there and crappy vendors, I am not convinced web leads are as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

I was going to do a report on internet lead vendors at the beginning of this year. When I started interviewing producers is was clear that for all the complaints about the largest vendors, there were enough agents successfully working leads from those vendors where it would have been a "non-report."

As stated, most of the agents who have issues buy low volume. The biggest change in the lead game is a few years ago, agent used to be able to buy "8 leads a day" and get decent ROI. Those days are over and only agents who work volume do well. Problem is, most agents don't want to work volume.

The biggest complainers are those that spend their last $300 bucks on leads and can't make their BMW payment. 10 leads isn't enough to establish a ROI, even 50 isn't enough. The client doesn't lay over and say, "yes Mr. Agent, here is my credit card number and my pen is ready."

Agents are sales people---but are petrified of the phone for some reason. if you aren't prepared to call a lead 20-30 times, then don't buy them and don't bash all lead companies. There is always going to be a bogus rate of upwards of 20%...just know it exists.

Agents should cut their teeth on face to face prospecting first, then move to aged leads, then to real time in my opinion...

--from a guy that buys tons of leads...and is NOT a lead vendor...

Internet lead companies absolutely terrible, they do not value their customers nor do they care about the quality of their product for one main reason....There will always be a sucker to buy their crappy leads, sadly I am one of those folks but im seriously considering taking my 7k monthly budget for internet leads and doing something along the lines of SEO or even perhaps build my own landing page to generate quality leads for my sales folks. I'm just sick of being pimped by these internet lead companies.

okay....first off, the latest comment is trashing internet leads in general....that's not what my post was intended for..i spend less than 7k per month on leads and i have a great ROI, it's about WHO you are using..i am an active user on this forum and i've had conversations with many forum users, and one thing that i absolutely love about this forum is the feedback that we are all able to give each other in regards to the lead companies that are out there....now, we dont speak HIGHLY of insureme, netquote, insuranceleads, or any other company owned by BANKRATE! so why would these companies be listed as viable ON THIS WEBSITE? .. as soon as hometown quotes got their exclusive spot, everybody else jumped on..i'm assuming they are paying good money....i have absolutely nothing against any FORUM USER expressing their experience with a lead company but for the website to actually promote these companies that are proven to re-sell leads 30 times over is beyond me...i dont buy insurance leads at 10 bucks a pop to build a list of consumers and then call them 20-30 times. i dont need to call my leads more than 5-10 times before helping them make a sound decision on which direction they are going to go. i just wanted this post to inform future users that the list of viable companies on this site are not the top lead providers out there and you should proceed to purchase with CAUTION . p+cguru ... if you're really spending 7k per month id be happy to share my sources of leads if you're willing to let me know what you've been doing thats working.

I was going to do a report on internet lead vendors at the beginning of this year. When I started interviewing producers is was clear that for all the complaints about the largest vendors, there were enough agents successfully working leads from those vendors where it would have been a "non-report."

As stated, most of the agents who have issues buy low volume. The biggest change in the lead game is a few years ago, agent used to be able to buy "8 leads a day" and get decent ROI. Those days are over and only agents who work volume do well. Problem is, most agents don't want to work volume.

Very good points John and as you pointed out in the recent presentation you did with us on aged leads, a person can do volume very economically with aged leads and get a pretty good ROI.

It is clearly sure that quality of the leads can rely on the leads company, but also on an agent, because I've seen different results for the same leads from different agents.

Back