Insurance Newbie Needing Help

Big I

I just received my Health and Accident insurance Licence and am needing direction on getting started. I am going to be an independent agent because I already have a full time business and want to gradually work toward being a full time agent. I just want to being able to work with honest people that do what they say they will do. But I have no Idea who to contact or where to go. Any help is appreciated.

The biggest reason for wanting to sell insurance is I have a Painting and Tile business (odd combination I know) and the tile laying is really taking a tole on my back. I want to get away from the dust. I did sell life insurance when I was about 20 and did ok but was a little shy around people. But now after dealing with folks for the last 18 years, I am much more comfortable talking with people. I wanted to do something that I could start and still run my other business until I got established.

Start with the basics...

What are you going to sell? I would say pick one area and become an expert in that subject

Who is your target audience?

How are you going to get in front of people to offer insurance? Are you going to cold call, buy leads, buy lists, mailers, etc.

Why buy from you? What are you going to do that is going to get people to buy from you? Just like with your business now, people need a reason to do business with you. However, price is no longer so flexible as you cannot control the premiums, unlike your painting/tile business where you can set your own.

Back