Insurance Noodle Questions

There are all kinds of agency networks across the U.S. and worldwide. Many of these groups refer to themselves as “clusters,” but there are also franchises, alliances, and other types of networks. Regardless of what they call themselves, they are basically master agencies; that is, a group of retail agencies under one master agency code. Most carriers now recognize these organizations, further giving sub-codes to their member agencies. More often than not, a sub-code shows the member agency name, not the master agency name. For the few carriers that don’t sub-code, it will show the master agency name, though this recently has not been the norm.

Insurance Noodle is fine, but it offers the very basic, if you want to get direct appointments, joining a cluster, alliance or agency network is a much better option. There are well over 100 of these organizations across the USA that do business in every state. To find a list of these organization, you can vist my website (AgencyEquity dot com), click on the cluster and alliance page.

What do you think about Professional Insurance Associates?

Why should a new agent pay $10,000 to SIAA just to start.

Its best to start with Noodle or Superior Access, build a sizable book of business and then either get direct appointments or SIAA. But to start with SIAA dont make any sense at all.

Why should a new agent pay $10,000 to SIAA just to start.

Its best to start with Noodle or Superior Access, build a sizable book of business and then either get direct appointments or SIAA. But to start with SIAA dont make any sense at all.

YOu Know nothing about SIAA then, nor do you apparently know anything about the other clusters out there.

someone like me who has 50k to start, it's very uncomfortable to give 10 to siaa even with all the positive reviews. one wonders if misery loves company is all. lol

considering we are heading into a 'hard market', you may not get a direct appointment with a preferred p/c company. many are now requiring books of well over 1m if you are a captive agent and if you are independent, you will need to produce at least 100k within 2 yrs. you may also want to look deeper into the contracts from companies such as Noodle, they may not give you the best option for getting your own appointment after some time (lets not forget the amount they will keep while you have policies in their fold). An alliance such as SIAA may be the best option for many (regardless of the initial payment). Remember, in business everything is negotiable (especially if you have a good size book).

I started out with Superior Access. They are the best option. FOr about 110 bucks a month you get most of the top carriers here in Cali. THey let you own your book which is amazing. I had no problem at all rolling over my book of business.

redblood redsquash makes a valid point...newbies in p and c should think twice about going with siaa...their contract isnt great....esp. for a newbie p and c agent

Moot point.....
Places like SIAA will not take on a new agent with no experience. Even if you thought they were a great fit, you won't get far.

Dan

Back