Insurance Noodle

cijo88

Expert
Does anyone know of them or if they are competitive?

----------

Kansas specifically .........

They give you access to many different carriers. It really depends on the type of risk. They have great admitted carriers for typical businesses and workers comp.

What type of business do you write?

I just started with farmers. It's a short haul grain load out with 4 trucks specifically. I'm just wanting to be able to write and be competitive for local farms in my area because that's where I am looking to relocate.

I just started with farmers. It's a short haul grain load out with 4 trucks specifically. I'm just wanting to be able to write and be competitive for local farms in my area because that's where I am looking to relocate.

So, you're a captive agent with Farmers? I'm not sure how their rates compare for row crop and livestock operations, but I'd be interested to know! We write through Nationwide Agribusiness and have access to Firemen's Fund and Traveler's for our farm risks. 95% of our book is with NWAG and they've been a pretty good company.

However, if you are writing an acreage with few outbuildings, no machinery, and that cash rents the land that they own, NWAG isn't exactly cost effective.

Yes, I am. It's somewhere around 13k acres irrigated mostly. I'm still in reserve and not getting a whole lot of help with what we can and can't do or who I can put what with to fully quote it. NWAG is who he has currently. My DM had me writing regular autos under personal and said "I've got a carrier I can put those with" but nothing else. So I wondered if that just means his contract allows him to do it and mine doesn't. But I'm also thinking with a lot of the farms around being 2k-15k acres I may want to make a move. But I am curious what we can quote crop...if at all

Yes, I am. It's somewhere around 13k acres irrigated mostly. I'm still in reserve and not getting a whole lot of help with what we can and can't do or who I can put what with to fully quote it. NWAG is who he has currently. My DM had me writing regular autos under personal and said "I've got a carrier I can put those with" but nothing else. So I wondered if that just means his contract allows him to do it and mine doesn't. But I'm also thinking with a lot of the farms around being 2k-15k acres I may want to make a move. But I am curious what we can quote crop...if at all

I can't speak to what Farmers will or won't allow you to quote as we are an independent agency. Sounds like a great risk to be able to write! With irrigation, you must be in the midwest somewhere, Nebraska by chance? I know they run a LOT of irragtion out that way!

Haha we aren't as blessed of climate as Iowa. Kansas. Yea, almost nothing but anymore. We don't do dry land corn, but still quite a bit of wheat.

Haha we aren't as blessed of climate as Iowa. Kansas. Yea, almost nothing but anymore. We don't do dry land corn, but still quite a bit of wheat.

Nothing but corn and soybeans here! I love it though, both working at the agency and helping out with fall harvest. Nothing like some hands on experience to be able to help out when I'm out prospecting. Harvest started rolling a bit this week in northern Iowa, probably will be in full swing in the next 3-5 days!

Can't argue with that! Definitely one of the best times of the year here as well.

I use Insurance Noodle and I will not be renewing my membership when it comes up. The people there are incredibly rude every time I have to call in, the application process takes FOREVER, the quotes are not at all equivalent to what the indy agents in town are quoting with the same carriers, and did I mention that the reps are the rudest I've ever dealt with?

I've heard good things about RIA and I think I'll try them out next year when my membership with the Noodle is up.

I would recommend the Noodle to no one.

Back