Interesting business concept

Re: All in one?

retread said:
...all the big dogs are becoming everything to everybody?....

Insurance companies are now selling financials and Brokers are now selling insurance... as a matter of fact....

... I think it would be best to concentrate on one speciality, but the trend does not agree...

The business has become commoditized, like many other industries.

You have a public that is not afraid to price shop and make decisions solely based on price points; and an industry that has a difficult time differentiating itself to the public (in the public's eyes) because of safe, watered-down feel-good marketing that speaks about hopes, dreams and security cuffed by legal and compliance.

Let's not kid ourselves, okay? You think the average prospect of yours understands the unique, specialized difference of a P&C Agent versus their local State Farm guy?

Or the difference between a local Fee only CFP versus the guy sitting in the Schwab office?

Re: All in one?

maxreferrals said:
retread said:
...all the big dogs are becoming everything to everybody?....

Insurance companies are now selling financials and Brokers are now selling insurance... as a matter of fact....

... I think it would be best to concentrate on one speciality, but the trend does not agree...

The business has become commoditized, like many other industries.

You have a public that is not afraid to price shop and make decisions solely based on price points; and an industry that has a difficult time differentiating itself to the public (in the public's eyes) because of safe, watered-down feel-good marketing that speaks about hopes, dreams and security cuffed by legal and compliance.

Let's not kid ourselves, okay? You think the average prospect of yours understands the unique, specialized difference of a P&C Agent versus their local State Farm guy?

Or the difference between a local Fee only CFP versus the guy sitting in the Schwab office?

>>> You hit it on the head. As an indy, I think it is our job to get one client at a time and not concern ourselves with the masses. You first sell yourself and then focus on product lines. If you do your job correctly and ethical, the prospective client will know the difference between a P/C agent and a State Farm Guy. They will also understand the pros/cons of being captive.

If you buy a car, do you go to one dealership and purchase that day? More than likely you don't. First you think about buying a new car, then you research the pros/cons of that car and finally, "shop" around and pick the dealership/car/sales rep that suits you most.

We have the fortunate benefit in the insurance industry of having a wonderful product that people know they need. Price is a starting and ending point. It is up to each agent to fill in the middle.

I agree that specialization definitely helps. Here in Kansas City one of the bigger Individual/group health is a guy called the HEALTH INSURANCE ADVOCATE. Everytime that he runs an add and speaks he is talking about his specialization is health and it works the guy has a ton of business and a nice business. I want that same set up for every aspect of insurance coverage.

I do not want my P&C agent giving me life insurance he will go with some antiquated modal of life insurance coverage should be fifteen times your income or whatever. The thought was that it would be a client could have a policies reviewed by the people to get the best coverage possible.

cod8825 said:
I agree that specialization definitely helps. Here in Kansas City one of the bigger Individual/group health is a guy called the HEALTH INSURANCE ADVOCATE. Everytime that he runs an add and speaks he is talking about his specialization is health and it works the guy has a ton of business and a nice business. I want that same set up for every aspect of insurance coverage.

I do not want my P&C agent giving me life insurance he will go with some antiquated modal of life insurance coverage should be fifteen times your income or whatever. The thought was that it would be a client could have a policies reviewed by the people to get the best coverage possible.

>>>What is the name of the Health Insurance Advocate and does he have a website?

Salpro22
His name is Cary Hall and he also has a local talk show that he hosts on Saturday in the morning that is extremely informative about what carriers are doing in the KC area. Part of me has thought about signing up with him but after he botched my families health policy two years ago before I got into selling health I was like NO I don't think so. You could also ask Midwestbroker and he would probably also know alot about him

Maryland must be a popular area for agents on this board :lol:
[/url]www.benefitsbydesigninc.com/

cod8825 said:
Salpro22
His name is Cary Hall and he also has a local talk show that he hosts on Saturday in the morning that is extremely informative about what carriers are doing in the KC area. Part of me has thought about signing up with him but after he botched my families health policy two years ago before I got into selling health I was like NO I don't think so. You could also ask Midwestbroker and he would probably also know alot about him

Maryland must be a popular area for agents on this board :lol:
[/url]www.benefitsbydesigninc.com/

>>Thanks for the input. Did something give it away here in Maryland?

Back