Interesting Llc Auto Situation

Scottyj

Guru
100+ Post Club
Utah
So I have this really wealthy guy who owns 10 homes, and 7 lots under one LLC. A motor home, and 4 cars as well as a primary dwelling in NV under another LLC. The issue I am running in to is 2 of his vehicles are registered and insured in NV and his motorhome and other two vehicles are registered in MT(im not licensed there) but garaged all year round at his primary residence in NV... Now he carries his insurance in MT on the motorhome and two cars... and says he needs to keep the registration in MT...

My question is cant I just rewrite the policy in NV since that is where it is driven and where his primary address garaging address is even though they are registered in MT ?

Last edited:
You have to insure the vehicles in the state they are registered or the insurance will not connect wiht the DMV and he will probally get his registration suspended because the DMV cant electronically verify the insurance.

Thanks for the Info RBA... I was wondering about this being I just wrote a client who is out here, but his vehicle is registered in kansas... Progressive cancelled his progressive (kansas policy) and told him he needed to be insured in the state that the vehicle was garaged and operated... so running into this naturally you can see how I would be confused...

I think the insurance carrier means that they will be rated for the garaged and operated zip code but the policy will be where it is registered?

Thats how it is here anyways.,

Back