Interviewing with agency - any tips?

Hi Serenity,

The reason the Allstate agent is blase' is because people enter the business and those who do well realize the income potential, particularly if they go on their own.
Your Allstate agent wants a solid producer but knows when he finds one they will seek out greener pastures eventually.
It is best to do like you said and give a length of service committment. That is fair to both sides.
Insurance Phoenix

Scottsdale Insurance

True...I have seen that many people do move on to greener pastures, at least here, as there seem to always be ad's seeking experienced people.

I have been offered the sales producer position with this blase' Allstate agent here and tomorrow I go to discuss compensation etc with him. Im hoping for a decent base salary, and am concerned that his estimations of potential monthly commisson of $3-5k is over stated. It sounds just too good to be realistic.

Locally, Ive seen Allstate agencies offer a base of from $25k to $39k, depending on Sales experience. Most seem to want non-insurance experienced people as Allstate offers thier own specific training course. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks again

I was originally trained with State Farm and still use some of the sales techniques. They had a great appointment setting training called client centered selling. The nice thing about thier training is that there is a HUGE amount of research done to prove if the techniques work ot not. But like you've said after awhile you will move on to greener pastures.

I assume that most people move on after theyve gained exp is cus they can make so much more with a L-H license. Ive got good sales ability but know nada about insurance or any of its products. I do hope to move up and get both licenses, or take over this man's agency and live happily ever after...hee hee.

I was originally trained with State Farm and still use some of the sales techniques. They had a great appointment setting training called client centered selling. The nice thing about thier training is that there is a HUGE amount of research done to prove if the techniques work ot not. But like you've said after awhile you will move on to greener pastures.

Is that in any way related to the Rogerian Therapy??? ;)

Back