Is Foremost Any Good for Fire Dwelling (rental) Properties?

A lot of independent agents use Foremost for their vacant homes and standalone rentals. I have never had a client file a claim with them though. As a client, you should expect to pay a little more than you did with Nationwide but they can write properties with up to 5 claims.

I would just be sure that your agent wrote a special form policy and not the default basic form in the Foremost system.

Don't think you can get liability on their policy - leaving property owner with it hanging in the wind. Not an acceptable situation in my opinion.

Foremost is great for stand alone dwelling fires. Their focus is definitely not the mainstream market. Coverage can be added to get a good policy. As with most stand alone products, the price is going to be higher. I've had claims filed and they get the job done. I would recommend them, but I would also recommend shopping around.

I am appointed by Foremost and use them only on mobile homes, which is seldom. I've tried them on non owner and vacant risks, but found them to be high in Virginia. If you have state pooled property risk association, I would check with them or Scottsdale.

Back