Is my plan for insurance realistic as an agent?

Since you are licensed and experienced, 1000 a week in final expense for 6 weeks would be sufficient. You would also need a laptop, headphone, good internet speed and dialer. And may be a CRM down the road. You will have around 20% in lapses and may be more until you can figure out a good lead source. IN my opinion, U65 health is an easier sale but the cash flow from it is deferred. Depending on your skill set, adding Mortgage Protection or fully underwritten term would also help your cash flow.

Depending on your skill set, adding Mortgage Protection or fully underwritten term would also help your cash flow.
I guess when you say "good for cash flow", you mean a lot of smaller, easier to issue cases?

It can take months to place some FU cases, that's not the norm, but 4-6 weeks is typical. Especially, with these 3rd party copy services, that lie, misplace requests, sit on docs, etc.

This person had a life license for 12 years so I am assuming they already know how to sell simple underwriting term insurance. ACA sales dont require much life insurance sales skills so thats why I added the term depending on your skill set. Final expense may work but why not also try FU term and MP. Some people can never make the transition out health insurance. No one curses you for selling health insurance. Any type of life sales tests your nerves. I think the hard objections are more in FE then FU term and MP. He has been in business for 12 years so I assume he has some savings, but yes 6 weeks is the norm in FU term with the occasional 6 months to a year cases.

Back