Is selling LI better than selling RE, and why?

Same in Ohio! $200K in my town will get you a very nice 4 BR, 2 BA house with a beautiful yard. (Granted, we also have our fair share of both the $2M variety and the $20K variety.)

Here are the +/-'s I'm thinking of:

Insurance
+ residual income
+ rewrites whenever clients' needs change
+ referrals
+ fairly low start-up costs, especially if you use creative ways to generate business instead of buying leads
+ ability to do business mainly over the phone and computer if you so choose (i.e. no physical showings, open houses, etc.)

Real Estate
+ higher commissions (but is it worth it for the work involved in a single sale?)
- pretty steep franchise fees for using the brand name (i.e. Re/Max)
- harder to make a name for yourself (in my area, it seems like there are four or five power brokers, and the rest of the realtors sort of fight over the leftovers)

Same here in Tennessee, 200 grand will buy you a nice home in a good area for the most part. I just don't get how average income people make it in places like Delaware, California, Mass and so on.

Same down here in my hometown...You can get a nice 4br in the 150-200k in a nice neighborhood...Granted you don't live in a planned or gated community then your looking upward of 500-800K

Ok, I'll bite. Where do you live that a house costs between 100-200K?

Geeezzzeee JR!?? Come to Evansville, Indiana! I can find you very nice 3,000+ sq ft homes in great neighborhoods with cement ponds and 2.5 car garages all day long for $200,000.

You gotta get out of that burg you're in. Get away from all them Democrates and their high-dollar ways. Come to God's country! We'll raise your standards and lower your cost of living.

Last week, my client was the featured Realtor on HGTV's House Hunters. That was pretty cool. I called him and tried to have him hook me up with Suzanne Whang but - no go, only the film crew was there. She only appears after the taping.

In Denver, a small starter home will be a little over $200K - and that's if you are willing to put in some sweat equity. If you want to start out with anything better, start looking at about 300K+.

Last edited:
No matter which one you choose, the prospect is going to be subject to underwriting. It may be easier these days for a person with a few dings on their medical record to secure coverage. A person with a few dings on their credit record may not be so lucky securing a loan in today's market. Just food for thought.

AND THE TRUTH WAS FINALLY SPOKEN!!!!

AND THE TRUTH WAS FINALLY SPOKEN!!!!

Took you 3 years after this thread died to post that. But I'm sure the kudos are appreciated even though the poster who made this wonderful "truth" hasn't been here for almost 2 years.

Maybe I can find his email address and give him the good news.,

Rick

Last edited:
Back