Is Sponsorship Required in Michigan?

rugerdooger

Expert
I'm getting ready to take my life and health exam in Michigan. Does anyone know if "Sponsorship" from an insurance company is required in Michigan in order to get the actual license after passing the exam?

Thank you

Re: Is Sponsorship Required in Texas

I am getting my Lic in Texas, I believe it said I would have to have a sponser to take my test. What if I do not know who I want to go with yet. Thanks jlweb

I have not been able to find anything on the Michigan website that states I need sponsorship. I have been under the assumption that I don't but I just wanted to check on this forum to see if any Michigan producers had a definate yes or no for me. Thank you for the link though Mark. I appreciate it.

I have not been able to find anything on the Michigan website that states I need sponsorship. I have been under the assumption that I don't but I just wanted to check on this forum to see if any Michigan producers had a definate yes or no for me. Thank you for the link though Mark. I appreciate it.

After you have pass the test, get with an IMO and they will show you what all you need to do in your state.

The place you take the test and/or the school you go to will also tell you what all you need to do to get your lic.

you aren't the only one. I couldn't find the answer either. I'd be curious to know the answer. Can you let us know if you find out?

jlweb I'm not suggesting you do this, but if you have no sponsor and you wish to get licensed consider the duck or some organization that will take you on part-time. After you get your license you can decide to stay or move on. Just make sure you read the contract and be on the look out for noncompetes if they are enforsable in your state.

Disclaimer= I'm not suggesting you do this.

If I've got an agent that needs sponsorship to get his license, I ask United Home Life to take care of sponsorship. Just about any company who appoints independent agents will do it if you ask and write a cover letter, but I've found UHL to be especially easy to work with.

If I've got an agent that needs sponsorship to get his license, I ask United Home Life to take care of sponsorship. Just about any company who appoints independent agents will do it if you ask and write a cover letter, but I've found UHL to be especially easy to work with.

That is how I do it most of the time also.

Fewer and Fewer companies are helping us sponsor new agents. United Home Life will still do it.

IT is a lot of work to sponsor an agent.

I do it, but thought not offering to do it anymore.

Back